Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Oil pulling! yes you heard right!
rocky2010 posted:
So, many of you might not know i think i might have mentioned it earlier but I'am a pharmacy student and something came to my attention last week. I have been suffering with the most annoying and painful sinus infection that i just could not shake. I was prescribed all diffrent kinds of antibiotics and nasal sprays but my body was fighting me all the way! LOL So in my desperate attempt to find some kind of relief I researched the web and ran into OIL PULLING let me explain this homeopathic home remedy for those who have never heard of this. Oil pulling consist of swishing oil in your mouth for 10-20 minutes which activates the enzymes in your blood to release toxins into your saliva so when you spit the oil out after you have swished it around your in fact spitting out toxic waste. I know that this sounds crazy and some of you mich think i went off the deep end. But i dare you to try it! I started this oil pulling regimen almost a week ago and my sinus infection was GONE on the second day my teeth have become at least 5 shades whiter my gums are no longer inflammed nor do they bleed when i brush them. My skin is clearing up and i have more energy and have a general feel good feeling! I use pure sesame seed oil or sunflower oil these oils are reccommended but im sure olive oil would be fine and i take a tablespoon first thing in the morning or before bed on an empty stomach and swish for 15 minutes than spit out! I urge you to look into it and try it for a week it will cost you less than 4 bucks for the oil and you will definetly see a diffrence.
-Success doesn't come to you--you go to it
Was this Helpful?
4 of 10 found this helpful

munhun responded:
Do you rinse with anything afterwards to get the oily feeling out of your mouth?

rocky2010 replied to munhun's response:
yeah you can i use some listerine.
-Success doesn't come to you--you go to it

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
My sister uses olive oil.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Long story short, my weight gain was sneaky and just appeared suddenly it seems. I was always small/average. By my 20's, I was fairly active with ...More

Helpful Tips

Warning: Ramblings
Had some good things happen this week that I wanted to share. Had 2 people I know tell me I look 10 years younger. I'm under 250 lbs. ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.