Skip to content
Reduce the fatigue and side effects of weight loss. Plus other helpful advice.
therearefourlights1701 posted:
I reached my all-time weight high 355lbs and decided that was it. So here is how I went about losing a critical mass of weight.
I visited my doctor who prescribed Phentermine to treat my obesity. This drug eliminated my food cravings, the fatigue and headaches associated with dieting. It makes me more likely to make the right choices now and hopefully I will be able to continue making good choices after I am finished with the medication.

Hunger is reduced and nearly eliminated with Phentermine, as an FDA approved appetite suppressant only available by prescription from a medical doctor. Every meal I eat begins with a glass of water and indigestible plant fiber to fill my stomach without calories to reduce my caloric intake. I take psyllium because its properties reduce cholesterol, aid in a healthy digestive movement, reduce hunger, and I eat substantially less when taking psyllium tablets before each meal with plenty of water.

I decided to take full advantage of my time on this drug by doing something that would have been impossible for me without it. I restricted my diet to eight hundred calories a day. Something I could not do normally due to fatigue, cravings, headaches and I love to eat. The Phentermine is a tool to kick start your weight loss and assist you, but you must do the heavy lifting.

Since I decided to reduce calories drastically I take a chewable multivitamin, and Viactive multivitamin for calcium, GNC energy caffeine pills to counteract my metabolic slowing from under eating, and a probiotic to support the intestinal health while I am not ingesting a regular diet. Did I mention I talked to my doctor? So should you!

I increased my activity by purchasing a pedal cycle machine that keeps my legs moving when I am working at my desk, at work. I easily burn more calories during my daily routine without devoting time to the gym. The Desk Cycle has no weight limit and it's very well built. It's an easy way to burn an extra 500 calories per day without sweating, by just peddling slowly to burn a few more calories without much thought or effort.

La Croix & Canada Dry FLAVORED sparkling water has nothing but water and carbonation for the most part. I am so happy I made the change from diet pop to flavored sparkling water. I sip on it all day to stay hydrated and hunger free.

Typical day on the extreme diet, Every Bite Counts!

Breakfast: 7 Triscut crackers & single Happy Cow Cheese. 200 cal

Lunch: prepared frozen meal. 300 calories, Michlina's brand

Dinner: single portion of Jenny O' Turkey sausage, brat, breast or other lean protein. 200 cal

Snack: Sliced cucumber with lemon or Quaker CHEW bar. 100 cal
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Spotlight: Member Stories

Why I came to WebMD I decided to adopt healthier lifestyle changes in 2009 and feel that WebMD is an unbiased resource. Where I can be found on We...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 70 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.