Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Warning: Ramblings
Marci320 posted:
Had some good things happen this week that I wanted to share.

Had 2 people I know tell me I look 10 years younger.

I'm under 250 lbs. (249) for the first time in about 20 years.

The girl who works at the YMCA and showed me all the machines when I first joined asked me to come see her after I worked out the other day, and when I did she said she wanted me to know how impressed she was by my dedication in coming every day and working so hard.

An acquaintance at my old church I saw a couple of weeks ago contacted me on Facebook, said I looked great, and asked me what I was doing to lose weight. She said she could use some help, so we are going walking tomorrow morning and will chat about it then.

Best of all though is that I feel like I have my life back. I'm really grateful.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Was this Helpful?
19 of 28 found this helpful

Marci320 responded:
Okay I didn't post this as a tip. Can I move it?

jean4vr responded:
Just responding to your info. about people noticing your life change AND asking for your assistance. That IS so cool.

You are inspiring others.You are not some ad on tv or tv show, but a real person with real struggles who IS changing their life, WITHOUT any weightloss surgery, special diet food programs or expensive weightloss camps. Who can afford these? Most of these end up being "temporary".

Well big KUDOS kid, keep posting.

Barb

Jis4Judy responded:
Hi Marci thats totally awsome you are doing great and people around you are takeing notice ..
atta girl keep on the journey
Hugs Judy:)

Marci320 replied to Jis4Judy's response:
Thanks Barb and Judy. I have a long way to go and the encouragement here and in real life really do help.

Hope you are having a great weekend.

Rgulen replied to Marci320's response:
You are inspirational.

Rg

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
How wonderful Marci!

fedupagain replied to Louise_WebMD_Staff's response:
Marci that is really great!!!! and how things like that help to stay on track and motivate us even more. I am so happy for you and happy that you probably feel like on claud 9 now.
you deserve it!

Marci320 replied to fedupagain's response:
Thanks Rg, Louise, and MIa. I really am grateful for this board and all the support I get on it. I wouldn't be on cloud 9 without y'all!

crystalburger17 replied to Marci320's response:
AWESOME! I WOULD BE FLOATING AROUND WITH A HUGE GRIN... **correction will be right? one day! Thanks for inspiring!

pallzy replied to crystalburger17's response:
YEA!!!!!!!
5'11 SW 275/GW 160/CW 162

Marci320 replied to pallzy's response:
Thanks Crystal and Sheryl. :-)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Dave. I have been overweight pretty much my entire life. I am now ready to make a change in my life and start living more healthy. A lo...More

Helpful Tips

Starbucks' Holiday Drink Help
"Nothing answers the cry of a cold morning during the holidays than a Starbucks Peppermint Mocha ." Find out what Nutritionist Elaine ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.