Cooking
momof3pa78 posted:
I stumbled across this cooking show last week called "Cook Yourself Thin" and they had this really yummy sounding recipe for Eggplant Stackers...I LOVE eggplant! Someone on here had also mentioned a using ground turkey instead of ground beef, so I went for it today and bought some on special and I made some healthier stuffed bell peppers with brown rice and ground turkey. I decided today that I would cook up some things for my lunches ahead of time so that I have no excuse to cave in and have something I shouldn't with my LO. I made up 2 stuffed peppers and 4 eggplant stackers and wrapped them up and refrigerated them and I can't wait until tomorrow at lunch to try the eggplant stackers. Also, for those curious, there is a website for Cook Yourself Thin that has alot of recipes that sound pretty tasty!

barbara4u responded:
The eggplant stackers sound yummy. Anyway we can add veggies or fiber to a meal is positive. You sound like you are making yourself a priority by planning to eat healthy. AND most importantly you are doing IT!!!

Thanks for sharing the Cook Yourself Thin website. I surf the Weight Watcher's for recipes. An interesting site also, is Spark People (recipes and info.).

Thanks for sharing.

Barb

ps I saw something of interest the other day about the healthy size portion of pasta. It is the size of a tennis ball!!! I have been eating waaaay too much. Reality check for me. Portion size is one of my areas of "needs improvement".

momof3pa78 responded:
Portion control is a biggie for me too and I now measure all my foods like pasta/rice because it is a surprisingly small portion compared to what most people put on their plates, myself included. lol I was thinking that I'm just setting my kids up to overreat too because I give them more than a serving size and they eat it and sometimes go back for more! Once I get things figured out for myself I really would like to start trying to get it right for the kids too so that they don't struggle later in life.

The stackers were soooo good...I had 2 for lunch yesterday and I was surprised how much they filled me up! They are a little higher calorie meal than I've been eating, but as long as I plan for it then it shouldn't be a big deal.

Thank you for the other websites for recipes/info, I'll definitely look into those! Do you do Weight Watchers? I used to follow that plan and I lost almost 40 lbs doing it and it was really easy for me. I still have my book and my slider but I'm trying a new approach for now.

dacspace responded:
Thanks for the info Miranda! I will definitely have to check that out.

I try to cook majority of my meals at home for the family and I hate having to make different things SO I typically will just sub in LF items when I can. I think this will be another great way to eat healthier for the whole family without them knowing!

barbara4u responded:
In response to ? No, I have not done Weight Watcher's. I have been able to get their recipes online, though & love them.

I just found out that if you have 4 gr. of fiber at a meal you wil not over eat. You can get it by putting tasteless fiber like Benefil in your water. I purchased a fiber like Benefil at Big Lot, I plan to stash it in my purse & put it in my water & lemon. I also will put it in my sport water.

Some of the "new" drinks boast to fill you up with fiber...well you can add your own to any drink, or food.

I AM sharing...AND I really do appreaciate your sharing!!!

Barb

kac1980 replied to momof3pa78's response:
WHERE IS THE RECIPE FOR EGGPLANT STACKERS? I LOVE EGGPLANT. I add veggies wherever I can. Vegetarian baked beans, any frozen veggies. I also like to make stirfrey veggies good with chicken, shrimp or pork.