Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Cooking
momof3pa78 posted:
I stumbled across this cooking show last week called "Cook Yourself Thin" and they had this really yummy sounding recipe for Eggplant Stackers...I LOVE eggplant! Someone on here had also mentioned a using ground turkey instead of ground beef, so I went for it today and bought some on special and I made some healthier stuffed bell peppers with brown rice and ground turkey. I decided today that I would cook up some things for my lunches ahead of time so that I have no excuse to cave in and have something I shouldn't with my LO. I made up 2 stuffed peppers and 4 eggplant stackers and wrapped them up and refrigerated them and I can't wait until tomorrow at lunch to try the eggplant stackers. Also, for those curious, there is a website for Cook Yourself Thin that has alot of recipes that sound pretty tasty!

barbara4u responded:
The eggplant stackers sound yummy. Anyway we can add veggies or fiber to a meal is positive. You sound like you are making yourself a priority by planning to eat healthy. AND most importantly you are doing IT!!!

Thanks for sharing the Cook Yourself Thin website. I surf the Weight Watcher's for recipes. An interesting site also, is Spark People (recipes and info.).

Thanks for sharing.

Barb

ps I saw something of interest the other day about the healthy size portion of pasta. It is the size of a tennis ball!!! I have been eating waaaay too much. Reality check for me. Portion size is one of my areas of "needs improvement".

momof3pa78 responded:
Portion control is a biggie for me too and I now measure all my foods like pasta/rice because it is a surprisingly small portion compared to what most people put on their plates, myself included. lol I was thinking that I'm just setting my kids up to overreat too because I give them more than a serving size and they eat it and sometimes go back for more! Once I get things figured out for myself I really would like to start trying to get it right for the kids too so that they don't struggle later in life.

The stackers were soooo good...I had 2 for lunch yesterday and I was surprised how much they filled me up! They are a little higher calorie meal than I've been eating, but as long as I plan for it then it shouldn't be a big deal.

Thank you for the other websites for recipes/info, I'll definitely look into those! Do you do Weight Watchers? I used to follow that plan and I lost almost 40 lbs doing it and it was really easy for me. I still have my book and my slider but I'm trying a new approach for now.

dacspace responded:
Thanks for the info Miranda! I will definitely have to check that out.

I try to cook majority of my meals at home for the family and I hate having to make different things SO I typically will just sub in LF items when I can. I think this will be another great way to eat healthier for the whole family without them knowing!

barbara4u responded:
In response to ? No, I have not done Weight Watcher's. I have been able to get their recipes online, though & love them.

I just found out that if you have 4 gr. of fiber at a meal you wil not over eat. You can get it by putting tasteless fiber like Benefil in your water. I purchased a fiber like Benefil at Big Lot, I plan to stash it in my purse & put it in my water & lemon. I also will put it in my sport water.

Some of the "new" drinks boast to fill you up with fiber...well you can add your own to any drink, or food.

I AM sharing...AND I really do appreaciate your sharing!!!

Barb

kac1980 replied to momof3pa78's response:
WHERE IS THE RECIPE FOR EGGPLANT STACKERS? I LOVE EGGPLANT. I add veggies wherever I can. Vegetarian baked beans, any frozen veggies. I also like to make stirfrey veggies good with chicken, shrimp or pork.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27...6'1 260 pounds...diabetic and I have high blood pressure. I NEED TO LOOSE THIS WEIGHT!

Helpful Tips

Some motivation tips! Laugh it off!
I needed a little humor today and found some great funny sayings on the internet (Thanks Dan Worona ) to help motivate me. COMMIT TO BE ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.