Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
importaant questionnn......
enimsaj12 posted:
is it okay to eat sweets as long as you burn them off????

3point14 responded:
You can eat anything IN MODERATION.

I'm a huge fan of deep fried cheesecake. I love it. When I go to the beach, I get it. I don't get a ton of it, I don't do it more than probably twice a year. But it's a food that I love and I'm not going to forsake it forever just to be skinnier.

I think part of a healthy diet does mean sometimes splurging on small quantities of things you love. And obviously burning a few extra calories is a good thing, but I also don't believe that you should use exercise as a punishment for indulging.

So in my opinion, as long as you're eating a few sweets maybe once a week, they can definitely be part of a healthy eating plan.

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
Yes, if you can eat them in moderation. However, it takes an awful lot of exercise to burn off even one candy bar or scoop of ice cream.

enimsaj12 replied to Louise_WebMD_Staff's response:
the reason i ask this is because im getting addicted to quaker oatmeal cookies... 3 cookies for 132 calories,,, whole grain, packed with fiber and apple, w/ cinnamon..

but you guys are right... once in a while

Louise_WebMD_Staff replied to enimsaj12's response:
Can you work them into your plan? Can you keep them in your home without eating the whole box? If so, then it seems like a relatively harmless treat. If not or if they lead to binges (I know I do this sweet, need something salty, need something sweet thing for example so a cookie would lead to a few chips...which leads to another little sweet thing and so on.)

Tootgirl replied to Louise_WebMD_Staff's response:
Wow!!!! It's so crazy but that is EXACTYLY where I am right now with the, sweet/salt thing! What in the world do you do when that feeling hits? It happens to me every single night! I think that the fact that I take Seroquel (100 mg) a night, has something to do with it. What do you think Louise?

belafaccia replied to Tootgirl's response:
My weakness is in carbs and meat. Put a steak and a twice bake sweet potato and fresh bread in front of me...game over!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I ALWAYS STRUGLE WITH MY WEIGHT ALL MY LIFE EVEN WHEN I WASNT OVER WEIGHT I THOUG I WAS AND NOW IM 30LBS OVER WEIGHT CAN LOSE THEM I JUST LOST 6 LB I...More

Helpful Tips

Biggest Loser Wanna Be
Just came back from a conference and heard Dr. Dansinger from the Biggest Loser speak. He was very inspirational to me as a 'loser wannabe' ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.