Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
New to the community-Where do i start?
Liesel1977 posted:
I am 5'6" and about 190 lbs from my last year's weight of 173. Ultimately 145-150 lbs. is my goal weight. I am starting to exercerise regularly but the eating thing is killing me. Great to have some support to get to my goal.

3point14 responded:
hello there! exercise is half the battle, so you're really halfway there. What foods tempt you the most? i'm insane with cheese and bread. for me, i've found it's easier to control my portions better if i don't go too long without my favorite foods, and incorporate them in small amounts almost every day.

welcome to the board!

Liesel1977 replied to 3point14's response:
Thanks for the welcome. The battle is mostly social-being out on weekends is my biggest struggle. During the week i am pretty structured so that's not as hard. I am also a cheese and bread fan as well - chocolate being my biggest downfall.

3point14 replied to Liesel1977's response:
I hear you on that :) I call my tummy my "whiskey weight",because it was really only when I started drinking that I got chubby.

Out on weekends, is that booze or eating out? One big thing that's helped me is having a good, healthy mini-meal before going out. Takes away the worst of my hunger, while not leaving me too stuffed to eat a little to be social.

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome Liesel! I was sure I had posted a welcome but I sure don't see it. Did you check out the newcomer tips ?

Louise_WebMD_Staff replied to 3point14's response:
Ah the booze has serious calories and of course, you tend to forget the things you munch on while drinking.

zjew1 replied to Louise_WebMD_Staff's response:
I am a choclate lover as well, I like to eat the dark choclate Flipz, only 130 calories per serving and they are yummy!

Louise_WebMD_Staff replied to zjew1's response:
Dark chocolate is a favorite of Elaine Magee , our healthy cooking expert. It works well as long as you limit the servings. :-)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Not much to say here, I have been a webMD member since Sep 10 and I went from 180 to 140 (current weight). I was depressed and tired of buying sized u...More

Helpful Tips

Some motivation tips! Laugh it off!
I needed a little humor today and found some great funny sayings on the internet (Thanks Dan Worona ) to help motivate me. COMMIT TO BE ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.