Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Stuck at 159
zjew1 posted:
Hello, my name is Zakiya and my current weight is 159. I started dieting and exercise at the end of june. My starting weight was 175. I am counting my calories and try to stay within 1200-1400 a day and I walk/jog 2 miles a day but the pounds just stopped coming off about a month ago. I am really getting frustrated! My goal is 140-150. What am I doing wrong?

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome Zakiya! Have you slipped at all with the measuring and counting of calories? Do you journal your calories?

How tall are you? Is your weight goal reasonable for your height?

zjew1 replied to Louise_WebMD_Staff's response:
I went back to measuring cups last week.I journal my calories every day and usually end up somewhere between 1200-1400. I think one of my big problems is Iam a huge cook so I am alway tasting my food as I cook and then trying to estimate how many calories I have eaten. I was 145 a few years ago when I was cheerleading and that was when I was the most comfortable. I am 5'5 and very active. I go hiking almost every weekend.
I know a plateau is normal but it is just really frustrating.
Thanks!

zjew1 replied to zjew1's response:
Maybe I need to add some strength training to my daily workout? Any idea's?

Louise_WebMD_Staff replied to zjew1's response:
Ah you have a BLT problem--bites, licks and tastes. You definitely need to cut those out and find a different way to gauge the cooking.

The difference between the 1200 to 1400 combined with a few bites, licks, and tastes is likely the culprit behind the plateau at this point at your height.

See if the ideas in this article help: Plateau No More

zjew1 replied to Louise_WebMD_Staff's response:
I will try my best! Thanks, that article was really helpful!
I have always been a BLT, it is going to be hard to do but I know I can do it!

Louise_WebMD_Staff replied to zjew1's response:
I confess to being a former BLT person. Even now, I will grab an extra piece or pinch of cheese when cooking. Sigh.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 41 year old I weigh 177lbs I want to get into a size 28 or 29 pants I am also wanting to get into a small shirt I am into a medium shirt and I ...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
126 of 136 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.