Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Final Five
Louise_WebMD_Staff posted:
Since this is my final day at WebMD, this is my Final Five. I hope someone picks it up because I have enjoyed your answers and getting to know you through them and not just the usual chatter.

I do promise to get a regular member name and stop in from time to time. It won't be Louise--they retire mod names like beloved sports players or something.

1. What has been the hardest "final" thing in your life?
2. Any final thoughts for me?
3. Do you have any final questions for me?
4. Share your final fantasy--about anything--your home, your job, your life, your weight
5. Finally, what will you do this weekend?

Tomato05 responded:
I've said goodbye on the 10-25 lb board, but once again, thank you for all your advice, and good luck with all future endeavours.

1. Emigrating from South Africa - leaving behind my family, language, roots, culture etc.

2. One can really train your brain - to do most things you want, whether to eat less, behave differently, etc. The brain is highly adaptable indeed.

3. Do you think one should appease a hunger pang? I am learning to "ride out" some hunger pangs if they occur between snack or meal times. I'm learning that a bit of hunger doesn't kill and although somewhat unpleasant, one can get used to it. It's quite normal, and "normal weight" people also experience hunger and just live with it until meal time.

4. To be thin again and fit comfortably into my clothes - not a fantasy as such, rather a reality which is just a matter of time.

5. House-cleaning, filing (home admin. - bills etc.), catching up on reading, going to gym on Saturday and a coffee shop (Saturday and Sunday), going for a short ferry ride, calling my mom in South Africa.

Louise_WebMD_Staff replied to Tomato05's response:
Tomato-

I didn't know you had emigrated from South Africa. I have a friend in Canada who did the same. She was a child when she moved though.

Elaine Magee says to get comfortable with hunger at bedtime. I have come to believe her. I do think you have to know yourself though. I can ride out hunger to the point where when it is finally time to eat--I can't eat. sigh. So be careful.

Have a good call with your mom. (and a good weekend)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi.. New here.. 34, about 5'6" and currently weighing 196.. I've gained about 40 pounds slowly over the last few years without even knowi...More

Helpful Tips

support groups anywhere you can get help to stay motivated
TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) club can be a great "weigh" to stay accountable. It's not exactly like Weight Watchers, they do not hold ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 5 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.