Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
I have trouble at night...
BARBIE0313 posted:
In the evening when its my time to relax its always watching tv that is when the cravings start...I get upset because during the day I do great eating healthy and exercising..Does anyone have that problem and how do you handle it????

Barbie

jean4u responded:
Hi Barbie,

I think this is one of the hardest times because we are so busy throughout the day it is much easier to say no to foods. At night, though, we/I feel entitled to say "a little me/reward" for being "good" all day. Food is comfort.

I know, that I will put on weight by eating at night. I try to get busy and have hot tea (raspberry w/Splenda). The must snack mood does pass. I am so glad in the morning for the nights I don 't snack.

This is something that is tough. Stay strong.

Barb Jean

P.S. Have some "go to's" like 100 cal. or low fat and a glass of ff milk or non-cal drinks.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
I also find when I FINALLY sit down in the evening I can derail my whole day by over desserting or over snacking.

The last couple weeks I have tried to set a time for a treat, so I know at 9 PM when ______ comes on, I will have a ______.

I also have starting having fat free plain yogurt with berries or a little granola instead of ice cream or frozen yogurt.

Any other ideas for handling evening cravings?

Elizabeth

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm not very old, but I still feel the pressure to lose weight. I'm 17, but ever since I was little my parents didn't teach me ANYTHING ab...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
129 of 139 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.