Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Update On My Weightloss Goal
Tootgirl posted:
Thank you all for your support, I just wanted to let you all know that I found out today that I have lost another 2-pounds making my total weightloss 10 WHOLE POUNDS! I am so excited! That leaves 40 more to go but I am more optimistic thanks to all of your responses to my cry for help. I do have a quick question, if someone would please answer for me. Is Kosher Salt and Sea Salt the same?
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Tootgirl,

I also responded on a previous post -

CONGRATULATIONS! Keep up the great work! Please share with us a great tip that has worked for you.

I found this info on Kosher and Sea Salt . In my research I also found that when cooking with the larger granules of Kosher and Sea salt the amount needs to be adjusted since most recipes refer to table salt.

Hope this answers your question,
Elizabeth

Tomato05 responded:
Congratulations - 10lb is great progress. Keep at it, and the rest of the unwanted pounds will disappear too. You've made a very good start!

I don't think it will make much difference whether you use Kosher or Sea Salt; Sea salt is just more expensive and may have a few more minerals added to it (but nothing significant). Kosher salt can come from the sea or other underground sources. Both have large grains.

Tootgirl replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Here are a couple of tips that I received that have helped me:

1. I shocked my body by changing-up my workout routine.
2. I changed the type and amount of foods I ate on a daily basis.

I basically tried to trick and shock my body into shedding more weight. IT WORKED! I am so excited. Thank you all for your support, and the link for my question about the salts helped. Thank You!

Tootgirl replied to Tomato05's response:
Thanks Tomato05! You have become a voice of inspiration. How is your program working for you? Thank You!

Tomato05 replied to Tootgirl's response:
Well, I reached my goal weight and managed to stay there for a week!

However, since then I've slipped up and overate - bad girl, I know!

I haven't weighed myself the last few days, but I know I've put on some weight (I can feel it, and my jeans are not as loose as they were). I'll try to eat sensibly this weekend and assess the damage next week and plan accordingly...

jean4u replied to Tomato05's response:
Tootgirl, I like Mrs. Dash as a salt substitute. I read about how sea salt was supposed to be better than table salt. Ran out and paid alot of money for it. Then turns out a "expert" is saying....well it's Kosher salt that is good, BUT only if it's course. WTH!!!

I am done! I can get the Mrs Dash knock=off at Big Lots for $1!

I also like cayenne and red pepper flakes and garlic powder.

Good to hear of your success!

TOMATO, Oh, the perils of MAINTENANCE!!Some say this is harder than losing the weight.

This is to be taken seriously, though, or next thing we know it is back to square one.

Stay focused!!!

Barb

Tootgirl replied to Tomato05's response:
Bad Girl! lol I am glad to know that you had reached your goal. That gives me a little more hope. I made the mistake of rewarding myself with a donut for my 2-pound loss and now I feel guilty and bigger than before the loss. I gotta find other ways of rewarding myself. (Which I have.) Keep me posted and have a great weekend.

Tootgirl replied to jean4u's response:
Wow. Thanks for the spice selection. Think I will try it out. There are plenty of Big Lots near me!
Have a good weekend!

BelaFaccia replied to Tootgirl's response:
Congrats on the weightloss tootgirl! I hope to be joining you soon! I typically cook with Kosher salt. I just like the taste of it better :-)

-Nicole

Tomato05 replied to jean4u's response:
You're right, Barb: maintaining is fraught with dangers! The biggest danger is becoming complacent and blase.

I took a peek at my weight and not much damage, suprisingly enough. I think exercise is key - I went for a long (13km) jog Friday morning, and that may have offset some of the damage.

Also, I have to keep the sweet tooth in check.

Still, I don't think keeping the weight off is harder than losing it in the first place. Weight loss is the hardest thing for me. At maintenance level you at least have more peace of mind, as you don't have to fret about the excess weight any more.

jean4u replied to Tootgirl's response:
TOOTGIRL,

Also, cinnamon increases the metabolism. Add this to cereal, yogurt and sweet potatoes.

Barb

jean4u replied to Tomato05's response:
TOMATO,

I think posting here is good to for maintenance. It just keeps what we need to do at a priority level....it's when fitness gets down on the list that I get in trouble.

Good for you to do that Fri. long jog!

Barb

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to Tootgirl's response:
Hi Tootgirl,

How about 1/2 of a donut or just a bite of this or that? Or, buy yourself something??

Elizabeth

BelaFaccia replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
My reward when I eventually lose my first 10 pounds will be to get my hair done!! 5 more after that will probably be a pedicure, lol.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Janie. I'm 21 years old and am here to lose weight, my goal weight is 140 lbs and it's so hard to do it. I am considered obese ...More

Helpful Tips

Biggest Loser Wanna Be
Just came back from a conference and heard Dr. Dansinger from the Biggest Loser speak. He was very inspirational to me as a 'loser wannabe' ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.