Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
2011 Valentines Day Challege
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
The holidays are behind us, New Years resolutions made, are we sticking to them?

Two weeks until Valentines Day, two weeks to renew and focus on what we came here to do - lose weight and feel better!

Pick a goal. In addition to your resolutions, what can you add to your daily plan - eating or exercising - to make this Valentines Day a day to celebrate your goal.

Elizabeth

BelaFaccia responded:
Hi Elizabeth,

I've been at it for about a month now. Been really needing to push myself to get to the gym this week, but I've gotten there every day that I planned to this week so far! Whenever I felt like giving up in the middle of my work out, I had to literally go into a meditative chant to myself to stay focused ("No pain, no gain." "Pressure makes Diamonds.")

My SW was 160. My CW is now 154. Took me about a month to lose that weight. I'm really going to push to be 150 by the 10th (I know it's 4 days before Valentine's Day, but my Valentine's Day plans are starting on the 10th!).

I'm thinking about investing in one of those scales with the metal plates that calculate your body fat because I don't think that the number on the scale is a good representation of what I have actually lost. I KNOW I've gained muscle, which I know is heavier than fat. Reason why I know I've gained muscle is because I find myself actually feeling HUNGRY (not just having an increased appetite) throughout the day. That tells me that my resting metabolic rate is starting to increase, So I need to have a small, healthy snack in between meals so that my body doesn't go into starvation mode which will eventually lower my metabolism!

So I think if I continue to workout the way I have been, eat right, and continue to listen to my body, I'll get to where I want to be by the 10th! (And Eventually to my goal weight!).

-Nicole

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to BelaFaccia's response:
Hi Nicole,

All of your hard work has paid off - 6 lbs Wow! That's a 5 lb bag of sugar and then some you are not carrying around anymore! And, you accomplished this in about a month - Awesome!

Your commitment to this challenge will have you starting off your Valentines Day at 150!

What are your Valentine plans?

Elizabeth

BelaFaccia replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Well, my boyfriend has some kind of plans that I am unclear about, lol. But I have a special surprise planned for him for Thursday night. He's a big hockey fan and he's really gotten me into it! So I got tickets for a game, lower level, 12 rows from the ice! He's not gonna know about it until right before we're ready to leave! Gonna send him on a treasure hunt for the tickets! Muahahahahahahaha! lol Evil!

But I'd like to look nice in whatever I wear when he takes me out to dinner, so that is why I have the 150 goal set for next weekend. 10 pounds is a nice amount of weight! 20 more to go after that! :o)

BelaFaccia replied to BelaFaccia's response:
Well, I don't think I am going to meet my Valentine's Day Challenge. Had a HORRIBLE workout at the gym yesterday. Just felt really awful, and I'm ashamed to admit that I had to get off the treadmill after 15 minutes (at least I was able to get a mile in). Then, I decided against going to the gym tonight due to the fact that my knee is killing me. I'm assuming that it's from running on the treadmill over the last couple of weeks after not running for a couple years! So, tonight I plan on being somewhat productive at home, icing my knee, and maybe getting to be early. Gonna try really hard to not beat myself up over this.

-Nicole

Tomato05 replied to BelaFaccia's response:
I am on holiday in Thailand, so I've also been missing workouts.

We should remember that we can still aim for a calorie deficit, exercise or no exercise. The deficit just won't be as big.

Take good care of your knee- maybe do more weightlifting/strength training exercises until the knee is better?

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to Tomato05's response:
Tomato - Thailand, you have great adventures! You will have to tell us more.

Nicole - Tomato is correct, lower your calorie intake and get back to the gym and focus on other exercises.

I had a calorie fest this past weekend, did not eat too bad, but just too much. Yesterday I got back and track and put the weekend behind me.

Elizabeth

Spotlight: Member Stories

You might be wondering why I am here--- I was thin all my life... that is, until I got fat. No I mean really fat--- obese really. My disordered eat...More

Helpful Tips

Biggest Loser Wanna Be
Just came back from a conference and heard Dr. Dansinger from the Biggest Loser speak. He was very inspirational to me as a 'loser wannabe' ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.