Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Losing Steam...UGH!
BelaFaccia posted:
Well, it all began about a week ago when I went to the gym over the weekend and felt pretty crummy. Just felt weak and my knees were killing me. When I first began my workout program over a month ago, I started running on a treadmill. Surprised it took as long as it did for them to start hurting.

Went to the gym only once last week. Stuck to the elliptical because of my knees and I did pretty well with that. Had a really good workout, but again, I only got there once. Then my Valentine's Day weekend began...on Thursday (took a long weekend). We went out for almost every meal, every day. As nice as it was, it was also terrible. Made lousy food choices. And it is now 5:48 P.M. on Monday, and where am I? Home! Not at the gym! I have had a migraine since last night and I feel like an absolute bum and I'm sitting here, beating myself up (it's really hard not to). Yes, I know it's counterproductive, and it doesn't help me in the long run. Tomorrow is my weigh in day and I'm afraid to step on the scale to find out the damage. I'm really hoping I feel well enough tomorrow to get to the gym and emotionally strong enough to say no to bad foods. Wish I knew why I was hitting this rough patch.

-Nicole

Take the Poll

When you fall of the diet/fitness wagon, what helps get back on track?
  • Extra support.
  • Looking at an article of clothing you want to fit into.
  • An upcoming event, holiday, or vacation.
  • Someone insulting you.
  • Having a checkup with your doctor that did not go so well.
vote
View Poll Results

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Nicole,

You did not fall off, you stepped off for a weekend. Time to re-group, put the past week behind you.

While your knees are healing do some other type of work out. Talk with the trainers about adjusting your routine. Remember, you can lose weight without working out by adjusting your calories.

Plan your week, stay focused and keep us posted. You can do it!

Elizabeth

BelaFaccia replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi Elizabeth,

Pushed myseld and went to the gym tonight. So stressed out, kinda just wanted to roll into a ball and be emotionally paralyzed, lol. But I pushed myself and went! Got a good workout in and still gonna do my best to keep my best foot forward for the rest of the week! I went on the elliptical which was fairly easy on my knee. Did 30 minutes, then all my weight training, then another 30 minutes. Burned over 600 calories all together with the cardio I did, so I'm hoping it was a 1,000 calorie kind of night!

-Nicole

Nano39 replied to BelaFaccia's response:
Hi Nicole, good for you. I too wanted to stay in bed this morning @ 4:45am. It's raining, cold & I went out last night. My biggest motivator is that the first time I allow any excuse to stop me from my workout, I open the door for any & all excuses in the future. I'm my worst enemy. Sick, rain, no sleep, cold, sick children, work projects, marital upset, achy body...so many excuses....& good ones too...I just do it.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to Nano39's response:
Nicole and Nano,

Keep up the great work and work outs!!!!

Elizabeth

Spotlight: Member Stories

Current Weight: 161 lbs Goal Weight: 135 lbs Moderate Exercise 5 days a week Working to lose what I've gained since getting married 5 years ago. M...More

Helpful Tips

Biggest Loser Wanna Be
Just came back from a conference and heard Dr. Dansinger from the Biggest Loser speak. He was very inspirational to me as a 'loser wannabe' ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.