Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Just beginning
MaryFV1 posted:
I have 50lbs I would like to use. It affects how I interact with people, and constantly makes me feel bad about myself. It's affecting my relationship with my fiance' (who is in great shape by the way). I just don't feel good about myself, and my personality has changed so much. I'm so introverted now. It's a struggle to get me to go anywhere which winds up making me feel worse.

I'm joining a gym where I think I'll feel comfortable beginning to lose weight. It really messes with your whole life. I just want to be happy again. I'm nervous and don't want to fail. I want to be committed to this process and achieve my goal.

Tomato05 responded:
Good luck, and don't be nervous - look at it as a process to improve your health and happiness and gain a lot of wisdom at the same time!

Just take it slowly and consistently - don't try to rush the weight loss. Step by step you can improve your life.

Keep posting and tell us how you're doing.

justmejust responded:
Welcome! Thanks for posting how you feel. I find that once I start moving I start to feel a little more confident again. It immediately makes me feel good from the endorphins. But I know how you feel. When I don't move I spend my time feeling bad about myself. That then self fulfills that process. So it is a choice. I am trying to make the healthy choice one day at a time. And when I slip I've been getting back up on that horse with the help of these weight loss boards.

MaryFV1 responded:
Thank you both. I have my first day at the gym today. So I'm going to try my best. I'll keep you posted:)

justmejust replied to MaryFV1's response:
Please post the good and bad parts of your journey. It helps me learn to cope with my good and bad days/stretches. Thanks!
This journey is like the gaining journey, there are ups and downs!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Insulin Resistance. Seems to be my life's curse! I was a healthy up until a car accident in my mid teens, and after that, my health spiraled downw...More

Helpful Tips

Some motivation tips! Laugh it off!
I needed a little humor today and found some great funny sayings on the internet (Thanks Dan Worona ) to help motivate me. COMMIT TO BE ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.