Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Finally about to give it a go
Chrisjmalar posted:
Hey guys!
All I want to say right now is good Lord!!!! I'm so afraid to step on the scale! LOL! Currently, I am 50 lbs overweight and my BMI is 27.2. I am 5'10" and 21 years of age. I have been thinking about MOVING!! and doing something about it but I recently got a cold and have been feeling quite yucky. However, I hope to start running this summer. I am also aware that I am prone to many chronic diseases since it runs in the family. I have decided to go out for a little jog if you will tomorrow morning ...All the best for your weight loss journeys! you are all great inspirations! Keep up the good hard work! it always pays off!

p/s: I lost 20lbs in 2007 ...

justmejust responded:
Welcome, I walked 3.4 miles today with a new friend. I'm new to this group too. I have 63 pounds to go.

Chrisjmalar replied to justmejust's response:
Hi justmejust! ...
Thanks for being brave! and sharing your journey!
Be encouraged to continue walking! I walked to school during
my school year and I didn't even realize how much weight I had lost until I came home (I was away for school). But I gained about 7 lbs since coming home. However I am not giving up easy, I am going out tomorrow morning! ..All the best! Keep up the great effort! and stay committed! You are going to make it! ....

jean4u responded:
Hi,

Good for you to start. Do you drink 64 oz of water? That is a good habit.

Do you track your food?

Read the tips on right column.

Good luck!
Barb

P>S> Posting here will help!

Chrisjmalar replied to jean4u's response:
Hi jean4u!

I am going to be honest, I do not really have a good habit of drinking 8 glasses of water per day. I used to track my food but I have also lagged behind in that section as well.

Thanks for your encouragement! I went for a walk and did a bit of cycling . Just showered!

Breakfast & the day begins!
All the best for your journey! and Thanks again for the tips!

jean4u replied to Chrisjmalar's response:
Chris,

Got to say when I came here and read all the threads about the importance of drinking the 64 oz. and then when I did it, boy I really started to see the scale go down.

Sometimes when we are thirsty, we eat first and that fills us up with calories. But if we are hydrated, our tummies feel fuller.

What I did to get the 64 oz. I drink a glass of water 1st thing in am, then I have 2 big mugs of tea before breakfast. I mix 2 32 oz. of Crystal Light. I like 2 different flavors. I got the 32 oz. containers at the dollar store. I got alot of plastic containers for veggies and fruits that I keep cut up and ready to eat, too.

So I am not a big plain water person.

Good Luck!

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

Insulin Resistance. Seems to be my life's curse! I was a healthy up until a car accident in my mid teens, and after that, my health spiraled downw...More

Helpful Tips

Check your medical insurance website - you may find gym discounts, story
Hi folks, I see a lot of stories out there, same as mine. I'm over 55 (just) and added about 40 pounds overall to my high school weight. ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.