Skip to content

Announcements

Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
madre2b and WannaBSexy's Weight Loss Goal Challenge :o)
WannaBSexy posted:
This thread is for an extra "kick in the rear" to help us get to our goal weight. Anyone can join in if they wish!

We can post our triumphs and set-backs, tips, and encourage each other to stay strong and stick to whatever eating and exercise plan we're following.

madre2b responded:
Don't think negative!!!! Just be positive; I can't see myself at 130 either and I love to eat especially if the food is right in front of my face constantly. Plus, there are three things I'm not willing to give up right now: 1)popcorn at the moviies with my kids and/or hubby (and I can eat half the big tub!), 2)my mom's cookiing- especially her chile rellenos and mole (Mexican dishes), and 3)WINE! plus I don't know how many calories that has so I drink it without any guilt!
How about we take it slow and have short term goals; let's say- see who can make it to 150 first. All we gotta do is eat everything (even brownies!) in smaller portions and just move a lot more- IT'S DOABLE!
The three things I eat regularly which I am willing to give up now are 1)Coke (all soda), 2)donuts (will substitude with bagel), and 3)ice cream (will substitude with sorbet).

WannaBSexy replied to madre2b's response:
Tried to post yesterday, after typed it all out & clicked submit... Lost it! So will copy it before clicking submit today!

Last night was a BAD night. Soon as I got in the door at home, grabbed some marshmellows. Then ate a piece of cheesecake. Then had Japanese for dinner... Sweets are my downfall. I crave them constantly, dieting or not.

There are several things that I can't tell myself to give up right now either: 1) my strawberry margaritas 2) sweets, obviously and 3) morning coffee with "White Chocolate Macadamia" creamer. I can do decaf, just can't skip the cream...

Some things I can give up right now: 1) Japanese! It wasn't that good last night, so that won't be too hard 2) ice cream as well and 3) tea and sodas.

I realized last night that I have NOTHING healthy to snack on in my home, or at work. Need to make a list. Yesterday at work I had 2 packs of Lance crackers plus a Reese's Cup! Yeah, you can tell I'm really dedicated.

I want to start a program that I've done in the past, Couch to 5K. If only I could come home, change into workout clothes, and get on the treadmill. Oh no, when I get home feel like I'm starving so I eat and get on the computer instead...

I'm going to give myself a few days and start an eating plan on Monday. I'll make a food list, plan of action, and get the treadmill cleaned off. (Hubby uses it as a clothes hanger.)

In the past I found that the busier I am the less likely I am to eat between meals. Need to find activities with my daughter that will keep me busy after work and on weekends and stay off FaceBook... )

WannaBSexy replied to WannaBSexy's response:
Sooooo... Made a list from one of WebMd's slideshows about 100 calorie snacks and went to the grocery store last night.

So far today I've had coffee w/cream and a slice of whole grain toast with a smidgen of peanut butter. No clue what lunch will entail, but thinking about a turkey sandwich w/low fat honey mustard & lettuce, carrot sticks, and some hummus.

Going to hop on the treadmill soon as finished with a run of clothes.

Tomato05 replied to WannaBSexy's response:
That's a good start - buying healthier food to have at home.

I have always thought Japanese food is quite healthy - why do you want to give it up?

Same with tea - I drink at least 10 cups of tea a day (both green and black, no milk, artificial sweetener only) and would never give it up. I love tea and it definitely has some health benefits.

Sweets are a problem for me too: candy, cookies. I don't buy cookies any more, because if they are in the cupboard, I can't leave them alone. I don't eliminate candy, but try to eat it in a controlled amount at a certain time of the day. e.g. a few pieces of Werthers hard candy after lunch.

I hope the rest of your day was successful, in terms of eating.

WannaBSexy replied to Tomato05's response:
Yesterday went well. Didn't go too overboard. Today has went great! Only, just finished ordering pizza per hubby's request... Got thin crust for myself and will try my BEST not to eat a lot...

madre2b replied to WannaBSexy's response:
I had a great weekend, I stayed away from ice cream and coke which was in front of my face and had a lot of leafy greans. Only thing is this morning, when I dropped off my daughter over my parents house, they had leftovers- my favorite pizza and so I had a slice for breakfast and 1/4 of a chocolate muffin. Breakfast could have been better but I couldn't resis! At least I did some step aerobics this morning so I think it balanced out. I also use my treadmill but I have to wake up at 5:00 AM to use it otherwise forget it! There's no way I could get on it with my 4 klids around me when I get home from work. I figure if I try the food I love (smaller portions) and just move a lot more, I'll be OK.

Yesterday was okay. Didn't go overboard, but did have small portions of bad stuff... Not proud of it, but not beating myself up over it either. Once you do, you've given up, right? Today's just another day to kick those fat cells' butts!

My daughter has gymnastics until 8 tonight so won't be able to exercise until we get home. In the mornings hubby is still in the bed and the treadmill's in our bedroom. Maybe I'll take my daughter on a walk this evening. )

Today I have a banana for breakfast, light popcorn and almonds for snacks, and tomato soup for lunch. Can't eat it without Saltines though... Still better than a hamburger or whatever else I'd normally eat! Not sure about dinner. Hubby makes it HARD to diet. He refuses to eat healthy and if I won't eat what he wants, he gets mad... I know... We have issues.

My hubby is the same way; if he doesn't have meat or rice, it's not a meal for him. So I don't mind cooking it plus the girls need their protien but I'm trying to stay away from red meat and too many carbs. Yesterday I hardly had dinner so I could have dessert, I made strawberry shortcake with the girls with whipped cream and strawberries so I didn't feel too guilty eating it.

I have lost 4 lbs so far in two weeks- I'm going slow but at least I get to eat what I like, I'm not starving myself and I'm happy I'm eating lots more fruits & veggies! Actually, I still eat a lot but I'm active now whereas before I wasn't.

cottoncandygal replied to WannaBSexy's response:
Yes,It's not easy.......I'm trying to lose 35 pds...and get back to 105! ;my past years weight for most times! ;never was over it unless having three kids! I'm t rying to keep a journal and walk each day in park or treadmill or watch my intake and less calories say 500 less a day! ;hope it helps!

I'm a newbie here past week since I started my (diet)plan.
THey make it seem ...not easy but,,at least feasible on tv shows....tolose alot of weight!;with the personal trainers!
Hints to have some sliced up apples around and carrots or pears would help or bag of cranberries too in bag....for snacks. I do have a big sweet tooth too! ;'not easy!
It's suppose to be ok to have 10z or so a day of dark chocoloate;so I agree with that one! hehehehe
Good luck ladies! Cottoncandygal

ps I only gained this 35 pds since I developed thyroid issues past 7 yrs! hypo
CCGal

madre2b replied to cottoncandygal's response:
Hi ccgal,
I know- the tv shows make it seem easy with trainers. I often think: if I could go away for six months to train with a trainer in some ranch I would fast be at my goal weight but then again, I don't think I'd ever stay away from my kids for that long especially since they are still small.
Wow, 105 is low- are you petite?
You are so good if you keep a journal, I tried to but I can't do it- I failed in that department.
I should keep apples and carrots around, it would make food tempatations easier to resist especially if I had some right now. I had half a turkey sandwich for lunch and the other half has been looking at me since then. I have to be strong.
Dark chocolate is my favorite (& so is red wine) so I'm excited to know they are both good/ok for you as long as I don't go overboard with them.
ccgal, since you have thyroid issues, does that effect what you can/cannot eat? Good luck on your journey.

I've been bad yet again the past few days. Why can't I be strong? Why can't I say NO? So upset with myself and my inability to eat right and exercise!

How can I get motivated? How can I STAY motivated? I do want to lose weight and be healthier, but nothing can keep me away from food. I put off exercising EVERY day.

Something's gotta give...

How you doing Pilar??? So, I messed up on July 4th and put my 4lbs I lost back on. It seems I can't control my eating but I am eating better and best of all, I am working out more and feel my legs & butt are stronger and my belly fat is "different" but still there. I HAVE to start keeping a journal eventhough I hate making myself write everything down all the time! I love to work out and am greatful I have the time in the mornings (only because my girls are in summer vacation now). Keep up with the motivation!-Liz

thebirdisblue87 responded:
I am very frustrated this week. I have been stuck at 182Ibs for a few months now after loosing 105Ibs. I know the weight will not come off really fast but when I weighed myself I had gained a pound. I have been doing really good and working out almost everyday sometimes twice a day. I lowered my calorie intake to 1500 calories a day. It is just frustrating when I do what I should do and then gain a pound. Maybe next week will be better.

Sherrrie replied to cottoncandygal's response:
Hi cottoncandygal! New to the site as well...Your post caught my attention because like you I need to loose about 35lbs and I am only 5ft 1in. I have always been small as well...util my 40th birthday that is. It seems harder to loose weight for us shorties, especially the mid-section. My doc just prescribed phentermine, hope it helps. My main weakness is carbs...love pasta! I descovered these tofu noodles at the healthfood store, they have been a life saver...prepared right they taste pretty good.
Keep us all posted on your progress.

Sherrie

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 51 years old and I have fibromyalgia, Crohns, issues which make exercising very painful. I do some stretching and gentle movements from my PT but...More

Helpful Tips

Motivational Tool to help you make your commitment to lose weight.
I've lost over 40 lbs during the last year and recently I came across what I think is a great motivational tool for those wanting to start ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.