Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
I am new here!
jackie_staf posted:
Hey everyone! I am new here (guess you know that already!) and would love to recieve supprt as well as give it!

I was diagnosed in March of this year with Graves Disease with Hyperthyroidism. After being on medicine with for a few months I now am Hypothyroidism which means I now have to worry about this weight gain I have been having lately (gained 10 pounds in one month!). I have always weighed in between 150 and 160 and never had a problem with that but now I am up to 175 and CAN NOT stand the way I feel. It makes you feel nasty and unattractive. I don't feel like myself anymore.

My name is Jackie and my staring weight is 173 and my goal weight (will probably never be meet) is 145.

Tomato05 responded:
Hi Jackie - good luck with the weight loss.

I think you could reach your goal; it will just take time and a few changes in your food intake.

I know exactly how you are feeling about the extra weight...Let's strive to get rid of this source of discomfort. We owe it to ourselves to feel like our old selves again. I have about 9lbs to lose.

justmejust responded:
Hi jackie, I have been hypothyroid for ten years. The first years were toughest as the medicine, synthroid, took time to regulate in my body. Not only did I gain weight, but I was extremely tired.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! I am here after gaining 50 pounds through breast cancer treatments. I always thought people would lose weight during chemo but boy did prove that...More

Helpful Tips

treat day
I am just starting my healthy lifestyle change again in the last 4 weeks, this being my 4th week. I won't call it a diet because being ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.