Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Master Cleanse?
WantsToBeSkinny posted:
Hi everyone! I'm a sophomore in college and gained 20 lbs. T__T I am 5'3" and so far lost 14lbs, now weighing in at 138lbs. My goal is 110-115lbs. I've tried just exercising (2hrs a day, 3-4 times a week) but no cigar. I'm going on the Master Cleanse Diet in a couple days and I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me? I'm worried that I won't be able to keep the weight off once I start eating solids again. If not, I'd love to have a diet buddy to keep each other motivated! Happy Losing!

kmiller2130 responded:
Those "cleanse diets" are bad news. Not only do the pounds come back after you come off of them but they can strip your body of much needed vitamins and the small amount of fat we do need. It's also a bad habit to start. It can lead to bulimia or anorexia or both. The best way to lose weight is eat right and exercise. Sorry, but the longest lasting and healthiest weight loss comes from hard work. Please don't take the easy way out. It won't last and it can be dangerous. If you'd like to come here for support we'll gladly be here for you. But you must stick to doing it the right way.

WantsToBeSkinny replied to kmiller2130's response:
Hi! Thanks for your reply! I am aware that this diet may not be the healthiest, but I'm not planning on going more than the "recommended" amount (10 days).....if I even make it that far -__- And I already promised myself that if I feel like my body is in danger, I will definitely stop. I feel like I'm on a plateau and I'm hoping that this will just be the first step to an overall healthier body and lifestyle. After this, I'd like to start eating more fruits and veggies and exercising more vigorously! hehe Also, if I don't drop the weight before I start school (5 weeks away), we made a pact (amongst fellow dieters) to shave our heads bald. Not quite ready to part with hair yet hahaha Thank you for your advice!

kmiller2130 replied to WantsToBeSkinny's response:
The hair part would be your decision. But, I would not make that the reason for doing something unhealthy to yourself. Besides, hair grows back. I really do hope to see you here some more and that you do what's right for your body. If you are not sure of what your individual needs are, you could ask your doctor or a nutricianist. Good luck to you .

liv_landa23 replied to kmiller2130's response:
Is this how to type a reply?

MalloryAna23 responded:
Hey girl! Ok, so you and I are basically in the same boat!! : )

I'm 5'3, and a sophomore in college, too, and I gained about 50 pounds from the meds that I was on. : (( My CW is between 140 and 145. I want to lose at least 35 pounds. Is there any way to message me here on this website? If not, I'm on facebook, in a weightloss community that is awesome! You should add me there!!

<3 Mal

Advocare101 replied to MalloryAna23's response:
I have something that has greatly helped me (31yrs, my husband (32yrs), his parents and two other good friends of mine! I lost 28lbs, from a size 14 to 8, 175lbs now to 146 and still going, and lost 33.5 inches, he lost 48 and they also have lost 30 PLUS their blood pressure has dropped drastically to the normal ranges anddd their cholestrol levels have greatly improoved!!! THIS WORKS! jessicapkrause@yahoo.com I dont mind sharing your concerns and questions )

Spotlight: Member Stories

You might be wondering why I am here--- I was thin all my life... that is, until I got fat. No I mean really fat--- obese really. My disordered eat...More

Helpful Tips

Check your medical insurance website - you may find gym discounts, story
Hi folks, I see a lot of stories out there, same as mine. I'm over 55 (just) and added about 40 pounds overall to my high school weight. ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.