Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
I Can't Lose Weight! Why?
An_239450 posted:
So, I've pretty much been trying to lose weight for 2 years. I'm pretty fit and active, but I know I have at least 25 pounds to get off my body. I'm 32, 5'7", 170lbs. According to the BMI calculator my ideal weight is 130, which I think for my body type is kind of ridiculous. I haven't been 130 since I was a senior in high school, but I wouldn't mind getting back to 140. Again, I've been trying to 2 years. I have ran 2 1/2 marathons and run inbetween training. I have counted calories; I have done Jillian's 30 Day Shred. I do drink occassionally, but not nearly as much as I did 2 years ago (which I figured would help in this weight loss). However, I seem to keep losing and gaining the same 5 lbs.

I just recently took up Bikram yoga (90 minutes of yoga in a 105 degree room). It's amazing and I feel great. I actually feel like I look slimmer. I measured myself for the first time since June when I had to take a hiatus from exercising and I have either stayed the same or lost an inch or two in places. I stepped on the Wii for the first time since June and gained 5.5 lbs!! What the heck?! I know I know "it's muscle" everyone says, but I do have lbs. to lose and I want to lose them. What do I do?

kmiller2130 responded:
Hi there. Good for you to want to keep trying and not give up. You may just have to find a food and exercise plan that works for you. If you bounce around between plans it may not have time to get working for you. A good place to go is fitday.com. 130 is not really unrealistic for your height, but it's not a bad idea to shoot for 140 first and then see where you want to go from there. Don't be hard on yourself if it comes off slowly. I lift weigths 4 to 5 days per week in addition to my other exercises, which include pilates (3 days per week), aerobics (3 to 4 days per week), walking (4 to 5 days per week, twice per day), and ab work (5 days per week). So it is only coming off at the rate of about 1 to 1.5 pounds per week. Whatever you do good luck to you. Check in any time.

Gary712 responded:
Give up wheat and gran products and the weight will fall off of you. I have lost 11.5 pounds in five and a half days. if you would like a menu let me know.

iamboreddd replied to Gary712's response:
hi is it ok if you share the menu with me too?i have been on a weight plateau for quite a while.thanks!

englit03 replied to Gary712's response:
Please share. Although giving up white sugar is hard enough, I would love to try it. I eat mostly healthy; I have a garden and belong to a co-op where I have fresh produce all of the time. I generally eat just fruit and veggies so it doesn't go bad. Thanks for any advice.

algebragirl2 replied to englit03's response:
Nowhere is there mention of how many calories you eat a day. Start measuring your food and logging it (online, there are many logs that keep the information and produce reports etc. Fitday.com is just one) and see actually how much energy you are eating (calories). All the activity is healthy and great, and it does give some extra power to a reducing diet. However, your body adapts to what you do and actually getting it to respond quickly to exercise, in terms of losing weight, is more than just exercise. There's a lot of thought behind how the body responds to exercise. Check out pubmed (google it) and look at that database and the hundreds of thousands of studies there are!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a working mother of three children. I gained over 50lbs having my children in the last 10-15 years. I have tried everything under the sun to lose...More

Helpful Tips

treat day
I am just starting my healthy lifestyle change again in the last 4 weeks, this being my 4th week. I won't call it a diet because being ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.