Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Looking for help to lose any amount of weight
rieckfam posted:
menopause is really messing up my weight loss efforts any help support is appreciated

KMILLER2130 responded:
I've not yet hit menopause yet but there are others here who have and struggle w/ the weight issuses it can bring. But I can be here to be supportive as will others. For me what works is calorie counting and exercise. There are many different forms of exercise to try. Just find what works for you. For an idea on calories per day (if you choose to go with that route) you can try fitday.com . Good luck to you. Welcome aboard.

Tomato05 responded:
It's not impossible to lose weight during menopause.

You will just have to target your calorie intake very carefully and cut down on your food intake quite a lot more than before menopause, while still eating healthy and balanced. Not much room for empty (no-nutrition) calories.

Exercise will do wonders during menopause too,to prevent muscle loss which would otherwise make you look flabby. Your exercise routine (and it should be a very regular routine!) should include both cardio exercise and weight training.

What are your food intake and exercise like at the moment?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, My name is Mitzi. I have struggled with my weight issues all of my life. I will turn 35 this year and I really want to take control of my weigh...More

Helpful Tips

Biggest Loser Wanna Be
Just came back from a conference and heard Dr. Dansinger from the Biggest Loser speak. He was very inspirational to me as a 'loser wannabe' ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.