Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Motivation
bshears10 posted:
I'm new to web MD and need to loose about 30 lbs. I sometimes use working and not having time as an excuse to not exercise and eat rite.
This site is a great way to stay motivated. Does anyone else here find it hard to stay motivated?

Tomato05 responded:
Good luck with the 30lb.

I don't think eating healthy is all that more time-consuming than eating unhealthy. Steaming veg, grilling meat, making salads, boiling eggs - all take very little time when you think of it. And eating yogurt, fruit, nuts,opening a can of tuna, etc. don't even need any preparation time.

Exercise takes more planning and time, granted, but it is worth it! Even if it means sacrificing something else like watching a few TV programmes or getting up earlier.

Less4Best responded:
I find it hard to stay motivated. I started back in July and have had my ups and downs. I still feel motivated and need to console myself that there's more to this then what the scale says. I find MD web helpful because it reminds me of others doing the same thing. I have recently returned to exercise which is helpful. Keep working. I figure if I can get myself in the grove by Novemeber, Christmas may be more manageable with all the goodies. Summer is my worst time because of picnics..icecream and as I let go of schedules I let go of eating well.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 61 years old and had gastric bypass surgery 5 years ago. I lost 130 pounds, gained back 30, and now want to lose 45 pounds. I am finding it hard ...More

Helpful Tips

Biggest Loser Wanna Be
Just came back from a conference and heard Dr. Dansinger from the Biggest Loser speak. He was very inspirational to me as a 'loser wannabe' ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.