Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Overweight but determined.
An_241270 posted:
I am a 22 yr old who is about 30 lbs overweight. I have been a dancer my whole life, and in great shape. However, in college I spent most of my time studying and socializing, and ended up gaining some weight. Now that I am out of college with a job, I am finding myself with some more time. I have been extraordinarily frustrated with the fact that I have a medium sized frame and just can't seem to lose weight. I can eat the SAME meal as my roommate, but she stays thin while I gain weight.

I have started Jazzercise and have been going every day (1 break day) for about 2 weeks. I know that's not much time. But I suppose I am just looking for some support. I am a pretty happy go lucky kind of person, but find myself having some very poor self esteem in this area. I have a wonderful family and friends. I am doing this for myself. Are there any extra hints any one would have for me to get to my weight loss goal of 40lbs which would be the middle of my healthy weight range?

Nattyiice responded:
Hi, I am 21 yrs old and experiencing the same problems. I am currently working full-time and started school 6 months ago and within those 6 months I gained a total of 30 pounds. No matter how much I diet or exercise I can't seem to lose any weight. I see all my friends eating whatever they want and not have to deal with the consequences of gaining weight. That's not my case at all. We are young though, I'm pretty sure it should be fairly easy to lose weight. Good luck!

gknovo replied to Nattyiice's response:
Hello. My mom told me that it's healthy to lose no more than 2 pounds a week. I found out that if I eat under 1700 calories per day and work out to burn at least 3500 a week I can lose 2 pounds per week. I am feeling good and actually am starting to look better. However, I look on the scale and I've only lost 2 pounds... how can I be eating and exercising so well and only have lost 2 pounds? I guess if it was easy then everyone would be skinny right? I totally get your frustrations... good luck and keep motivated! Let me know how you are doing, if you would like!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 63. Have found it difficult the past three years to keep moveing and eating proper for my health. I start then get off track and thats all it see...More

Helpful Tips

Biggest Loser Wanna Be
Just came back from a conference and heard Dr. Dansinger from the Biggest Loser speak. He was very inspirational to me as a 'loser wannabe' ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.