Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
LiLSouthernBelle posted:
Hi All!
I am new to the group but am far from being new to losing weight. The only unfortunate thing is this time the weight is staying put. I unfortunately weigh 206 and want to weigh around 150. I am hoping to get there by our cruise next September just by limit my calories and starting to work out. I am a person that gets discouraged very easily if I don't see any type of results. I just have to remember it is a marathon not a sprint.

Smithberg11 responded:
Hi there! I just came out here to ask a question and saw your post. Welcome to the group. I'm new here too - just started on Tuesday. I LOVE the tools. From a professional angle (I work in software development), they're amazing esp for a free service. I haven't found the place to leave that feedback yet for the site, but I will.

I'm at 196 lbs and want to get to 150 as well, so we're at a similar place. I wish you the best. Try not to think of the immediate visible results, but in what you KNOW will come if you stick to it. Be sure to enter EVERYTHING you eat and do in the tool, and I think the feedback it gives will be very helpful. I've been amazed how much sugar I'm taking in naturally - over the recommended amount, and I thought I was doing great by eliminating the obvious sugars. So I know I have to make some adjustments (one is in the cereal I eat, that I thought was healthy but is a little higher in sugar than i realized.)

I wish you the best. Keep thinking about that cruise - It's your prize at the end!!!

Sk8trmom replied to Smithberg11's response:
Hi there,

I just started using this web site today. I weigh 200 lbs. and would like to get down to 150 lbs. as well. I also get discouraged very easily and find it hard to keep on track. My husband loves me for me which doesn't help my motivation in the weight area.

I'm starting to track my food also and trying to do some exercise. I would like to lose the weight slowly but keep it off for good.

LilSouthernBell...I think that you have a realistic goal that you would like to attain. I wish you the best and maybe we call all go on this journey together.

kitazmusic responded:
Hi Southern Belle
I saw some pictures of myself tonight. I sure thought I looked beautiful when I went out in that dress, but after looking at those pictures, I am absolutely resolved! I also get discouraged easily, am 196 and want to lose 50 pounds. My doctor told me that if I didn't get my weight under control, I would develop diabetes (I'm already insulin resistant), and quite possibly die from something preventable! I already eat pretty healthy and was keeping a strict calorie journal, but I DESPERATELY need accountability! My husband is so loving and wonderful (and thin and healthy... grrr!), and he is no motivation whatsoever because he loves me just as I am. Which I'm thankful for, but... do you think we could keep up? Hold each other accountable? Exchange email so we can really tackle this thing (once and for all!)?

Spotlight: Member Stories

im almost 50 and i need to get fit and healthy so i can enjoy my grandkids and be around for a long time

Helpful Tips

Biggest Loser Wanna Be
Just came back from a conference and heard Dr. Dansinger from the Biggest Loser speak. He was very inspirational to me as a 'loser wannabe' ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.