Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
wieght lose trouble
justnervous21 posted:
I am struggling to lose weight...i am eating right and tryin to exercise more but I always feel so stressed. Could my stress be keeping me from losing weight? I have always been one to keep things bottled up and have no one to really talk to so any tips on what will help me lose 35lbs would be greatly appreciated

RoseLynn02 responded:
Well "trying" to exercise isn't the same as exercising. It needs to be regular. But yes stress can prevent you from having the desire to get up & get moving, but if you can manage to make yourself push through the stress & force yourself to make exercise a vital part of you life then once you begin to get accustom to that new vitality you will start being more and more excited to get up & move.

On your other note, you really shouldn't hold things in & bottle them up. It's not healthy. If you really have know one to talk to & just vent then try seeing a shrink. It's private & a 3rd party perspective on your life, so it's not someone particularly close to you getting angry or giving bad advice or anything else. A healthy mind is important for a healthy body & heart. Please start talking & getting things out because it can also be precursor to over eating. When you hold your stress in you end up finding another way to compensate, that can be violence or over-eating or a number of other things.

I want to end by telling you to please be positive about your weight loss en-devours (& hopefully the other stressful aspects of your life). I wish you luck & hope I may have helped somehow. Keep us posted....

Kaushish responded:
Hey! Weight loss is always a struggle! Hang in there! Beware of the hidden calories in food. Try and cook your own food so you can control the amount of oil that you put in your food! In co-operate different flavours and colours especially with fruits and vegetables! I recommend that you take 5-6 mini-meals that are high in fibre and low in fat rather than 3 hefty meals to keep your metabolism on the go! The same with exercise if you can't get a good 45mins at once do small bursts of 10-15mins thrice a day!! Hope this helps!!

shire_elf responded:
I have found eating right and exercising helps me to reduce stress. There is a lot of health benefits to eating right. What are you stressed about? The full effects of stress on the body is unknown but we do know that stress greatly affects your immune system in a negative way. If you are eating too little calories your body might be trying to hold on to as much fat as possible. You might want to try adding a few calories to see what your body does.

Spotlight: Member Stories

After getting an acid reflux condition under control with the help of a wonderful doctor, I'm ready to attack 25-30 unwanted pounds. I'm looki...More

Helpful Tips

Check your medical insurance website - you may find gym discounts, story
Hi folks, I see a lot of stories out there, same as mine. I'm over 55 (just) and added about 40 pounds overall to my high school weight. ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.