Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Newbie Saying Hello!
TeamHealthy posted:
Hello everyone!
My name is Linda, and I'm new to this site and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm 20 years old, and have been overweight for as long as I can remember. Kids used to tease me in elementary school, call me "the pregnant one" because I was so chubby. As I grew older, kids miraculously became nicer, and I found fantastic friends who accepted me for me. The teasing stopped, and I was comfortable with my body. I fell in love with a great guy, and am planning on marrying him as soon as our budget allows it, although, I would prefer to be much thinner when that happens. This time around, I'm losing weight for me, my health, and my overall quality of life.

I've already gone from 206lbs to 180. I still have 50lbs to go to reach my goal. I started out on weight watchers, which equals out to about 1200 calories a day. I thought I loved it, but I started sleeping 12hrs+ a day and realized that I just wasn't getting enough calories to keep me energized! The WebMD plan seems much more balanced.

I change my workouts all the time, because I just get so bored! But I recently discovered the "Cathy Friedrich" workouts, which seem fun. I have ordered then, and they should arrive tomorrow!

Anyways, I am always in need of support and motivation. If you feel the same, feel free to send me a message! Thanks for reading!

Linda

RoseLynn02 responded:
Hi Linda! That's my mom's name & it means beautiful. I'm sure you know what it means though.... Anyway, I'm 25 & married with 2 kiddos & trying to loose weight & tone my body post pregnancy's. 26lbs lost! That's awesome! I hear it's good to change your works outs regularly or body gets use to them & they stop working. No more burn no more earn? I suppose? Make sense? These diet communities are great. Every one is so nice. I've been on them now for a month here on webmd & they motivated me to get up & get moving & now I have lost 8lbs in 3wks. It feels great to be getting down to my old weight. I still have a ways to go, but I will get there & so will you! Keep us posted k?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a working mother of three children. I gained over 50lbs having my children in the last 10-15 years. I have tried everything under the sun to lose...More

Helpful Tips

Check your medical insurance website - you may find gym discounts, story
Hi folks, I see a lot of stories out there, same as mine. I'm over 55 (just) and added about 40 pounds overall to my high school weight. ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.