Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Why do I gain when I eat less
motivated71603 posted:
I don't know how it's possible but I tend to gain weight when I consume less; it's always salad, vegetables, fruit, vegetable juice, and water; I cut back on carbs and only consume fish for protein as well as peas. Do you have any ideas of what I am doing wrong?

abnersmom responded:

Are you using a food/calorie tracker? Try the one here or the one on fitday.com. They will both help you with your nutritional and caloric needs. It is almost impossible to know how many calories you are consuming without measuring and weighing the foods you are consuming. I love the nutrition info on fitday.com. When I first started logging food, I thought I'd been doing a pretty good job of eating a nutritious diet, but I saw my percentages and was shocked to see how much fat I was still consuming. The adjustments in nutrition have really helped me. Good luck and I hope this helps.
Debbie -SW 265 -CW 198 - GW 150

motivated71603 replied to abnersmom's response:
Thanks; I'll try tracking my food and weighing and measuring.

marion63 replied to motivated71603's response:
You may also not be taking in enough calories. Too little will prevent you from losing. Make sure you are eating the right amount of calories for your current age, height and weight. There are plenty of article on the internet about this. GoodLuck!

abnersmom replied to motivated71603's response:
It's a pain at first, but well worth the effort. Marion63 is absolutley right; you may not be eating enough! The food tracking should help,
Debbie -SW 265 -CW 198 - GW 150

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 22 years old. Just finished Nursing School. Graduated with my Associates Degree Registered Nursing Licence in May. Got married at the end of July...More

Helpful Tips

treat day
I am just starting my healthy lifestyle change again in the last 4 weeks, this being my 4th week. I won't call it a diet because being ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.