My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
On Dec 25, 2011, I committed to lose 40lbs!
Ganman55 posted:
I'm proud to say that on Dec 25, 2011, I committed to losing weight (40lb) and I started using the WebMD Diet Planner as my tool. Today my scales say that I have lost 4lbs.

My plan: Reduce calorie intact and increase physical activity. No expensive commercial diet plans, no expensive gyms.

Is anyone using Diet pills ie Hydroxycut by GNC, to assist with the battle (Fight the fat!) and have you found them useful for the $$$$.

Thanks!

Age 56
Started at 242 and goal is 200!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Tomato05 responded:
That's a very good start - keep it up and in a couple of months you will get there!

Ganman55 responded:
Here I am Jan 21 and I've lost 16lbs since Dec 26th 20111. My wife is smiling and I'm feeling good! Wowee! Thank you WebMD for great diet tracking website. I find logging in daily is a great reminder/motivator.

Tomato05 replied to Ganman55's response:
That's excellent - congratulations. Tell us more about your diet/what you typically it in a day, please!

Ganman55 replied to Tomato05's response:
Using WebMD every day to log my caloric (I don't think of it as food as more. It's all the same once it gets past our eyes, nose, tastebuds and end up getting all mushed and churned up in our stomach) intake and not exceeding 1500 cal/day. Eating healthy and sensibly and not more former portions. Now in my 5th week, I'm starting to exercise more than I did in the first 4 weeks.

abnersmom replied to Ganman55's response:
Congratulations! You are doing great. Isn't it great to know that that food that is getting mushed up now is ALL nutritious and non-processed! No wonder you feel more like exercising now. Me too.
Debbie -SW 265 -CW 193 - GW 150

Your description of food made me chuckle.

I should think of food more as calories and less in terms of its taste, ha ha.

I'm exercising very frequently (6 days a week, sometimes 5 days), but I am also eating too much too frequently!

Keep up the good exercise habits and the rest will come! Read all the good articles on WebMD. Immerse yourself in food/diet related information. Internalize and visualize yourself a lighter and healthier person. I sympathize with you....too much eating is a habit that I had acquired too (I love to eat) and am trying to break it. Have to look at our habits..binge snacking comfort food etc. It is a mental challenge every day. It's mind over matter. I kicked the nicotine had years ago, but only after I truly committed to free myself, not be another victim of "big tobacco" and cut I off their income stream from my wallet to their shareholders. I said that's it. I'm nicotine free for over 25yrs now. I have the same conviction now!

You can do it!

Ganman55 replied to Ganman55's response:
Actor Alex Baldwin lost 30lbs....he was pre diabetic. We must take a stand like he did and fight for our lives too! This is not a game...it's for keeps! We have to get control of ourselves.

Ganman55 replied to Ganman55's response:
Today was a great day I broke through the 220lb barrier but I also had first day where I felt tired, bit of a head ache. Felt better by early afternoon. Can't wait to hit my goal and switch to maintenance mode.

Want to share some thoughts on dieting with you all.

Favourite new food......Greek yogurt
Favourite new feeling - having to tighten my belt where wearing pants that I had not worn is many months.
Worst feeling....my daily apple is have some unpleasant room clearing side effects, if you know what I mean.

Ganman55
SW 242 (2111 12 26) CW 219 GW 200

Congratulations once again - your progress has been excellent.

If the fatigue persists, maybe experiment with your food patterns e.g. maybe add some carbohydrates earlier in the day.

What do you do for exercise nowadays?

My favourite new food: Mung Bean Sprouts

Thanksfor tip and encouragement. Exercise is still what I'd call moderate... Wii Fit on the weekends(really), brisk 3/4hr walk 4 times/wk amd just started some circuit training with light weights. No fancy club just in basement. I'll look up those sprouts.

Your exercise sounds quite good, especially if you can increase the strength training and maybe acquire heavier weights - one has to challenge the muscles somewhat!

Yes, sprouted food is good: it helps with digestion amongst other benefits, as it is rich in enzymes. Its nutrients area also concentrated and assimilated very easily. The bonus is that mung bean sprouts are low in calories (only a fraction of the mung beans because of the high water content), yet high in protein and fiber. Much lower in carbohydrates too than the unsprouted form.

I eat Alfalfa sprouts every morning too (my favourite sprouts) with my breakfast. I mix it with chopped egg-whites,handful of fresh parsley and fresh cilantro and a bit of soy sauce or fish sauce.

Ganman55 responded:
COMMITED TO BE FIT!

Today, Feb 26th, I've been on my journey to a healthier, happier and lighter me for 9 wks. Lost 27lbs.
Gonna celebrate by buying a new (smaller) belt! Yahoooo!

Ganman55
SW 242 (2111 12 26) CW 215 GW 200

abnersmom replied to Ganman55's response:
WTG! That's awesome!
Debbie -SW 265 -CW 190 - GW 150

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 68 yr. old woman who has gained 40lbs in the last few years. I would like a weight loss buddy, close to my age who knows how hard it is to l...More

Helpful Tips

DFJ
DFJ stands for Daily Food Journal. Our diet club members like to share their daily food journal to stay accountable to themselves and ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 42 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.