Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Diet Pills
Ganman55 posted:
Anyone using Diet pills (ie Hydroxycut by GNC, or others) to assist with the battle (Fight the fat!) and have you found them useful for the $$$$?

Thanks!

grgram responded:
I don't believe in diet pills or any other kind of diet aid. I know from experience that we have to learn to control our food. It's the hardest thing we'll probably ever do. Unless you take the pills for the rest of your life, you will gain the weight back because you aren't learning self control. I hope you will reconsider and not take any pills but start eating good, healthy, low calorie foods. Don't make the mistake of looking for an easy way out because there isn't one. Completely stop eating the foods you already know you can't control. For me that's anything sweet and a few comfort foods like cornbread, meatloaf, potato salad and stew. I'm a southerner and grew up on high carb food all my life. I still love it and can't control it so it's out of my diet. I have a lot of experience in losing and gaining weight. I know all the do's and don't's! I hope you will post what you're going to do. I hope you'll be smart and do the right thing.

Ganman55 replied to grgram's response:
Thanks for your reply grgram!

You are so right! The first step is to commit to better and less eating and regular exercise; period!

If I use diet pills, it would be only in conjuction with my eating smaller portions and increasing my exercise and of course, I would take them only temporarily.

The 1st 10 lbs are easy, so I was thinking of taking them when I hit a plateau.

Ganman55

p.s. I sympathize with you regarding having to reduce the carbs! I'm from Canada and during the cold winter days (-2 F today!) our bodies seem to crave the carbs.

grgram replied to Ganman55's response:
NO! You're kidding yourself. Don't start with the pills. You don't need a crutch, you need commitment. You can do it. Start off right not wrong. You're just getting started and you're thinking about plateaus? Eat low calorie, healthy, bulk-type foods like salads and soup to fill you up. I make veggie soup (no meat) and because of the amount, it fills my stomach and is very low calorie. The same with salads. Lots of lettuce and raw veggies, low calories. We got overweight by eating all wrong. Don't start losing the weight by doing wrong again. Get on the right track and stay there. Do what works FOR you and build GOOD habits. We need to undo the damage we've done to ourselves and start doing the right thing. Grabbing a crutch is not doing the right thing.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm not very old, but I still feel the pressure to lose weight. I'm 17, but ever since I was little my parents didn't teach me ANYTHING ab...More

Helpful Tips

Biggest Loser Wanna Be
Just came back from a conference and heard Dr. Dansinger from the Biggest Loser speak. He was very inspirational to me as a 'loser wannabe' ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.