Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Can this be it?
CathyMontgomery1 posted:
Here I am, 52 years old (and soon to be 53). How did I get to this age and still with the weight problems I've had since I was a teenager? Every year I say "this year will be different" but the only thing different is I seem to weigh a little bit more and a little bit more, despite trying every diet out there.

So here it is, another January and another year I set off, determined to get to my goal weight of 150 (I weigh 193 now). But already I feel discouraged because I've been here so many times before.

Can this year not be the year I really do make the change and stick to it?

abnersmom responded:
Absolutely it can, Cathy! Make that committment to healthy, mindful eating and it will happen. I, too, have tried so many times before, but I KNOW this time is different. I still have fears that once I reach my goal will I be able to maintain, but I truly believe that I CAN do this. I want to LIVE! I want to be healthy! We can do this. One day, heck, one minute at a time. And if we slip, don't give up, get right back on track.

Best of luck on your new journey to a healthier you!
Debbie -SW 265 -CW 198 - GW 150

grgram responded:
I'm older than you and I have the same problem. My first diet was when I was 20. I've spent tons of energy trying to accept myself overweight, lots of self-talk, positive thinking about my overweight self and it doesn't work for me. I regret that I place so much importance on my weight but I do! In October I started losing the weight again. I now have 20 lbs. to go. Don't be discouraged, get determined. Take your focus off of food and put it on your new, thin self. What we need to come to terms with is that we can never really get off our diet. After reaching our goal weight we still have to hold on to the healthy, low calorie way of eating ALL THE TIME. It's hard to do but it means "life change". I think of it as a tug-of-war with myself. If I drop the rope the weight comes right back on. And my history is that I always drop the rope! I'm older and I hope smarter and am very clear on what I need to do. I want to remember CLEARLY, how I feel when I'm 40 - 50 pounds overweight. I don't wish that on anybody. This year CAN be the year to really make the change once and for all. I'm doing it and you can too.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been physically active since childhood (40 years). Strength training, speed walking and tennis has caused my body to become muscular and Im h...More

Helpful Tips

Some motivation tips! Laugh it off!
I needed a little humor today and found some great funny sayings on the internet (Thanks Dan Worona ) to help motivate me. COMMIT TO BE ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.