Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
whey protein powder???
amrcnracin posted:
just started using the chocolate 100% whey protein powder shake( i blend 1 scoop with low fat milk,1 banana,2tbsp p.b and flaxseed) to replace my breakfast meal which used to be kids cereal! my question is this...i heard that u should drink the protein powder shakes AFTER a wkout.Is this true or is it ok to use as a meal replacement? it seems like last year when i spoke to a trainer she wanted protein added to my diet so i would snack less and she said to use the protein powder.iam trying to lose weight by eating healthier and excersize. the shake does keep me fuller throughout the am and i like it as a meal replacement vs just "adding" it into my diet. thanks

Tomato05 responded:
Although it is good to take a bit of protein after a workout (any lean protein, not only protein shakes), I think it is all right to use the shakes as a meal replacement.

Just watch the calorie count, so that you don't end up consuming more calories than before.

For example, if you take the whey protein with milk, the milk will provide some carbohydrates (and a little fat), so you could omit the banana and peanut butter; or keep the banana and one spoon of PB (not two spoons) for a snack or meal for later. The flaxseed that you mix in will also provide healthy fat, so no need for 2 spoons of PB too.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Not much to say here, I have been a webMD member since Sep 10 and I went from 180 to 140 (current weight). I was depressed and tired of buying sized u...More

Helpful Tips

treat day
I am just starting my healthy lifestyle change again in the last 4 weeks, this being my 4th week. I won't call it a diet because being ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.