Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
whey protein powder???
amrcnracin posted:
just started using the chocolate 100% whey protein powder shake( i blend 1 scoop with low fat milk,1 banana,2tbsp p.b and flaxseed) to replace my breakfast meal which used to be kids cereal! my question is this...i heard that u should drink the protein powder shakes AFTER a wkout.Is this true or is it ok to use as a meal replacement? it seems like last year when i spoke to a trainer she wanted protein added to my diet so i would snack less and she said to use the protein powder.iam trying to lose weight by eating healthier and excersize. the shake does keep me fuller throughout the am and i like it as a meal replacement vs just "adding" it into my diet. thanks

Tomato05 responded:
Although it is good to take some protein after a workout (any lean protein, not only shakes), I think it is all right to use them as a meal replacement too.

Just watch your calorie intake so that you don't take in more calories than before.

If you mix the whey protein with milk, the milk will provide some carbohydrates and a little fat (maybe the whey powder will have carbs too, depending on the type you use). Therefore you could omit the banana and1 spoon PB (not 2), or save it for a snack or meal later. The flax seed that you mix into the shake will provide healthy fat, so no need for 2 spoons PB too.

Spotlight: Member Stories

When i left university, i was 125lbs. Now after having my son, who is 4, i am still struggling to lose the weight. i am now 205lbs and struggling to r...More

Helpful Tips

DFJ
DFJ stands for Daily Food Journal. Our diet club members like to share their daily food journal to stay accountable to themselves and ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 42 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.