Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
So Confused!
kyndalMT posted:
I've been working out 6 days a week for over a month and I've been eating way healthier than I used to, but for some reason, i've gained about 7 pounds. Does anyone know why??

Tomato05 responded:
My guess is that your calorie intake is too high if you're gaining weight, healthy food or not. Do you know how many calories you are consuming?

Some of the weight could be water - have you weighed yourself on several occasions to see if the 7lb is "sticking"?

Maybe lower your calorie intake sensibly (not drastically, just by a few hundred calories a day) for two weeks or so and see what happens.

KimberleyAmick responded:
I understand that its not uncommon to gain about 6#'s of muscle in the first 6 weeks of working out. After that you should see a decrease, so I'm told. Providing calories are low and right for you.

Tomato05 replied to KimberleyAmick's response:
It takes time and dedicated effort (fairly strenuous lifting according to a programme) to build muscle - I have read that men can gain 1.5lb a month (working hard at it) and women can expect to gain quite a bit less, max 1lb a month, 1/2 lb is more realistic.

kyndalMT responded:
well I have between 750-1000/day. and yes, the weight is 'sticking' unfortunately

kmiller2130 replied to kyndalMT's response:
This may sound strange to you, but you may not be getting enough calories. I was having trouble losing a few months ago and then I took a look at what kind of exercise I was doing and what I was eating. It wasn't enough food to properly maintain what my body needed. So, I upped it a little and also made sure to be getting lots of protein ( I strength train with weights - heavy stuff not light - in addition to my other work-outs), 4 to 5 servings of veggies or fruit per day, grains, low fat or fat free milk, and made sure I was taking my vitamins (just a one-a-day). The weight started coming off the week after I made the adjustment. Only a pound to a pound and a half per week but that's because I am gainning muscle while losing weight. Whatever you do for a work-out just compare it to your calorie intake as well. You may even want to talk to a nutricianist about it too. Good luck to you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 21, full-time college student and workaholic. I am 5'11" and weigh 170lbs. I've tried so many diets in the past, but I'm hopi...More

Helpful Tips

treat day
I am just starting my healthy lifestyle change again in the last 4 weeks, this being my 4th week. I won't call it a diet because being ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.