Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Where to begin?
Chantal47 posted:
What diet plans are all of you following? Where do I look for a plan to start for my self?

abnersmom responded:
I focus on nutrition and exercise. I do not eat processed food and stay away from white carbs 90% of the time. I have increased the amount and types of vegetables that I consume as well. I eat a lean protein with every meal and stay at the recommended number of calories (1200) every day. On another board, a successful (9 years maintaining) memeber told me about fitday.com where she logs her food. It gives you a wonderful nutrition breakdown of what you are consuming. Hope this helps.
Debbie -SW 265 -CW 196 - GW 150

grgram responded:
Eat the right foods, fruits, veggies, lean protein and count calories, probably 1200 a day. That's what I'm doing and it's working beautifully. I've lost 26 pounds with 17 pounds to go. Some things that help me a lot are to never eat ANYTHING after dinner not even a grape. My protein is fish, (usually tuna), chicken, beans and yogurt. I make veggie soup, with onions, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, cabbage, green beans, celery and beans and/or black eyed peas. Eat whole grain bread and cereal. I make chili with either ground turkey or tofu. I freeze extra firm tofu which makes the tofu more like meat, thaw it, squeeze the water out, crumble it like ground turkey would be then make the chili. I put in a lot of beans. I have a fresh veggie salad every day and have plain non-fat yogurt and apples for snacks. Stay away from crazy, unhealthy diets and pills. Those of us with food/weight problems just have to learn how to eat right. Salad dressings are a problem for me because of the high calories. My favorites are Ken's Steak House fat free or lite dressings. Sweet Vidalia Onion and Raspberry Pecan are wonderful. I pour the dressing in a small container then dip my fork into the dressing with each bite; saves a lot of calories that way. Stay away from starchy vegetables like potatoes, parsnips and corn. I'm diabetic so I keep the carbs very low. Good luck, and post us on your progress.

kmiller2130 responded:
I work 3rd shift so it can get a little tricky. But I do try to at least make sure I am getting plenty of protein, fruits, veggies, grains. I try to exercise 4 to 5 days per week. I do allow for some sweets but I watch how much. I also try not to call it a diet because those tend not to stick. I call it a healthy lifestyle change because it is for life.

airius responded:
I'm starting Dr. Ian Smith's 4 Day Diet today. It's a book. It's pretty easy to follow if you are looking for something to guide you. All of the previous replies have good info in them also. They have a fitness and nutritional tracker on WebMD's site as well. Not sure how it compares to Fit Day's, though. Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 58 year old woman who has struggled with weight for at least the last 30 years. 3 years ago I lost 55 pounds on a doctor supervised low carb, ...More

Helpful Tips

Motivational Tool to help you make your commitment to lose weight.
I've lost over 40 lbs during the last year and recently I came across what I think is a great motivational tool for those wanting to start ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.