Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Another Newbie
AshNCVA posted:
I'm still in the getting my mind set to do this again phase. I used to post here before my children were born, and now that my oldest is 6 I think it's waaaay past time to get started back. Heaven's knows the scale thinks I'm more than ready.

Anyway, I'm 41, mother to 6 and 4 year old children and happily married and ready to hop on the bandwagon. I think 50 pounds is a great long term goal for me.

Has anyone here tried Weight Watchers? They have a program here at work and I just joined. Apparently they use real food and have a philosophy of changing your lifestyle and eating habits, not dieting and of course incorporating exercise.

Tomato05 responded:
Welcome back, and good luck with Weight Watchers - it would not work for me (I don't like the idea of counting points and I have my own plan), but I hope you will have great success.

Keep writing and tell us how you are doing.

kmiller2130 responded:
I am not on Weight Watchers but I have heard good things about it. They actually allow you to use home cooked food and resturaunts, etc, unlike some other diet plans that are pretty much all microwave meals. You are definately setting a good goal for yourself. Just stay positive. Good luck to you.

AshNCVA replied to kmiller2130's response:
Thanks so much for the words of encouragement. My first meeting is next week so I'm gearing up mentally - if my head isn't on straight going in then I won't make much progress.

The main reason I decided to go with WW (aside that my job will reimburse 1/2 the cost if I go to most of the meetings) is that the food on the plan comes from the grocery store and restaurants. I'm looking at this as a way to change my lifestyle, not dieting to a better weight then I'm done.

Thanks again ladies!

irbystacy responded:
I did WW a couple of years ago and I lost 25lbs. However, I did regain the weight because I stopped exercising and tracking my food. I found myself back to my old habits of eationg fried foods everyday. I just rejoined 2012 and I have started back losing again!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am not usually one for support groups, but I'm really reaching for inspiration these days. I'm 37 years old, and at 180 lbs (and 5'3&quo...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
129 of 139 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.