Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
    Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
    Food and Recipes Center
    Diet Club Newcomer Tips
    Food & Cooking Community
    Fell off the wagon...but returning!
    Chrisjmalar posted:
    Hi everyone,
    I haven't been taking care of myself lately. I am 21, a student, and I am 30-50 lbs overweight. It is hard to breathe sometimes, and I would also like to be able to fit into my clothes. Instead of having love handles, and feeling inactive and tired during the day. I hope to make some friends here who are experienced and can help me along the way. Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Tomato05 responded:
    Welcome, and I hope you will make good progress with your weight loss. What is your plan for losing the weight?

borntobe responded:
    Hello! I am a bit older than you but the struggle is still the same. Have you set a goal? And not losing 50 lbs by June 1st. What I have learned over the years is that you have to face the reality of losing weight. Since you are very young, I would tend to think your weight may come off a little faster. I think this is a great place to check in and then to set your goals and look at HOW you want to exercise. Good luck. We all understand!

YolandaDexter responded:
    I know very well how we tend to lose ourselves in one thing or another and forget that everything start with us. You are the foundation of everything else in your life. Women tend to forget these and succumb to the pressures of college, family and children. Remember that life is about balance and nothing or no one should be more important than you. Once you start eating better, exercising and feeling better about yourself, everything else in your life will improve including your studies. Good luck to you. Last year, I lost 42 pounds and I just got motivated to start my program again and loose the rest. We can do this.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 58. I'm a proud grandma. Early this year I had cervical disc surgery. I weigh 170 lbs, height 5'21/2". I keep gaining and losing th...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
    In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    132 of 142 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.