Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
    Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
    Food and Recipes Center
    Diet Club Newcomer Tips
    Food & Cooking Community
    Getting back my body
    An_243041 posted:
    I have gained weight since I quit smoking about 5 years ago and now I need help and some moral support, I am trying to lose 50 to 75 lbs . I am 55 y/o and will turn 56 February 7th on my birth year 56. So I really need to make a change in my health. I would really appreciate any moral support that I can get. Oh, by the way, my name is Ruth Ann

abnersmom responded:
    Hi and welcome! I'm a little older than you, 58. I started this healthy journey (this time for life) back in June of 2011. I joined the 50-100 community in Sept. That community has been an invaluable tool as I continue my journey. It is a tough road to go alone. What changes are you making to improve your health? I am a calorie counter and am now very conscious of the nutrition value in those calories. Another boardie introduced me to fitday.com where you can log your food. WebMD has one too. It is a great way to keep yourself honest and to get the nutrition value for what you consume. I also exercise most days (walk and yoga).
    Debbie -SW 265 -CW 192 - GW 150

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 59 yo guy and I recently checked in at 280lb at the doctor. I thought I was 240. I have a weightloss goal of 30lb in 90 days. I need a lo...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
    In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    132 of 142 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.