Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Some Support Would be Great!
An_243950 posted:
Hey everyone,

I am looking to get in better shape, and have started last week really watching what I eat and then I also started becoming more active (Taking walks and jogs, getting up from my desk at work more often). I have struggled with my weight for such a long time, but I am so young and would love to live life without the fear of my weight. I have tried to get my family's support, but that seems to be a hard thing to get from them. If anyone is up for being in contact with me who just needs someone who is going through the same thing, and just wants someone to keep updated, I would love to do so!! My goal is to lose about 50 pounds in 6 months, and that is a hard goal but I soo believe I can do this. If I could conquer this, I believe I would be more confident in doing anything!!

airius responded:
That is a very doable goal since the average recommended weight loss per week average is around 2 lbs. Are you eating less of what you love to eat or are you changing your eating habits completely?

I need to lose about 30 lbs to be close to where I want to be with my weight.

janiemarin responded:
hi, I too have struggled with weight issues.I am considered obese, and want to lose 40 lbs to be in the "healthy" stage. Im hoping to lose this weight in about 2-3 months, but it doesn't help when your girlfriend loves to eat, thats how i gained my weight in the 3 years we have been together, but I know I can do this! All I need is some support from anyone. I go to the gym now, lift weights and do cardio for about 35 mins. All together I burn about 500 calories. But you can do it, and I can do it.

Khristi replied to janiemarin's response:
Janie, it sounds like you & gf need recipe makeovers. Honestly you can eat what you love in sensible portions and still lose. Your secret weapons will be produce, water, water & a spice rack. Almost anytime you add produce to a recipe and keep the old portion size you drop calories. That holds true if you take a normally dry dish and turn it into soup or stew with a low calorie liquid like water or broth. The spice rack replaces the salt shaker & helps you shed water weight. Some spices boost metabolism and/or control blood sugar too.

Khristi replied to Khristi's response:
I forgot to mention that every time you drink water instead of juice, milk, or sweetened drinks you cut about 100 calories per cup & that's why water was up there twice.

Spotlight: Member Stories

After a summer spent sampling my hometown's delicacies (I live in Chicago, I use the word "delicacies" ironically here), I returned back...More

Helpful Tips

Some motivation tips! Laugh it off!
I needed a little humor today and found some great funny sayings on the internet (Thanks Dan Worona ) to help motivate me. COMMIT TO BE ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.