Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Body Mass Index HELP!!
SmilieSherri posted:
Hello. I need opinions from anyone - especially if anyone has medical background I currently have been working in the medical field myself 10 years now and recently joined Curves for Women tonight. I am 5 foot 8 and 197 pounds which shows my body mass index on 8 different charts I have researched online to be between 30 and 32% body fat.

When I was measured during my first visit at Curves tonight, she told me my BMI was 37-37% body fat.

Am I wrong here? Im having a hard time with my initial joining of the club starting off with wrong documentation? But she took my measurements everywhere. Is this why?

HELP!

Tomato05 responded:
Maybe you're getting mixed up with BMI and with body fat percentage - which are two different measurements.

BMI is calculated with a formula (basically, weight divided by height squared). Ideally this should not be more than 25.

Body fat is measured in a number of ways, and up to 30% is still "normal", but more than that would indicate being overweight.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! I am here after gaining 50 pounds through breast cancer treatments. I always thought people would lose weight during chemo but boy did prove that...More

Helpful Tips

Some motivation tips! Laugh it off!
I needed a little humor today and found some great funny sayings on the internet (Thanks Dan Worona ) to help motivate me. COMMIT TO BE ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.