Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Needing a lite motivation
AshMarie612 posted:
So about a week ago I started a strict diet. I weighted in on Sunday at a terrible 178. Almost as much as my father! Being a 20 year old girl this crushed me. I went into a deep depression and decided to kick myself into gear. Today I weighed in at 169! YAY! But sometimes I get really hard or down and just want something sweet (my down fall)

My goal is to lose 20 more pounds in the next 5-8weeks. I have a little vacation planne at the end of June so I'd love to be fit for it! Just need to keep positive.

Tomato05 responded:
Congratulations on the weight loss so far. Just keep eating healthy and exercise if you can, and keep your portions small.

It's best to plan for 1 - 2lb loss per week - that way it's more sustainable and easier to continue with the weight loss journey. Don't cut back on your food drastically, or you may get fed up too quickly, is my advice.

beenthroughthestorm responded:
Hello AshMarie612,

Good job on your weight loss! Any little bit lost is a positive step toward even better results. It's best to get it under control while you are still pretty young because once you become older, it becomes more difficult to keep the weight off and keep the motivation going. I am almost 40 and have weighed 234. I didn't look like I weighed that much because of my muscle mass, but I did. I joined a program that was in a weightloss competition to give me a boost to start exercising and watching what I ate. I was able to drop 28 lbs in 2 months, which was pretty unhealthy, BUT it was my start. I was going to start a program called "Body for Life" this week but my monthly came, so it got pushed back till next week. It is a program designed by Bill Phillips, he also has a book out about the program. It incorporates weights and cardio because my ultimate goal was to bodybuild, but I really just want to get lean and toned. So, whatever works for you, keep going and don't quit.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Not much to say here, I have been a webMD member since Sep 10 and I went from 180 to 140 (current weight). I was depressed and tired of buying sized u...More

Helpful Tips

Some motivation tips! Laugh it off!
I needed a little humor today and found some great funny sayings on the internet (Thanks Dan Worona ) to help motivate me. COMMIT TO BE ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.