Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
55+ Stuck with a Gut!!
beckikay posted:
I'd like to believe that my overweight first came when I started menopause, but looking back on pictures, it started about 10 years ago. Anti-depression pills added the first 20 lbs., then, who knows. What I do know, is that I lose weight (1 or 2 lbs) during the week, and gain it back on the weekend. I can't seem to stay on track over a month before getting angry and eating everything in site! So, I now belong to a health club, trying to exercise 20-30 minutes 2-3 times per week. I love it there, just get bored! Then I feel I eat ok meals, but that can always improve. My last chance - a diet buddy whom I can relate to and can relate to me. I think I am missing support that only another dieter can share at the same time. Do you feel a diet buddy can help? Anyone have suggestions for that "meno-pot"? Please, I'm open to suggestions!

Tomato05 responded:
If you need a diet buddy, you can keep posting here and we can all be buddies, inspiring each other!

If you know what your problem is (overeating on the weekend), you have to plan some strategies for the weekend. You'll have to plan your eating and eating times as much as you can in advance. What in particular is it about weekends that lead you astray?

Good for going to the health club - keep it up, at least 3 times a week if you can. It will become a habit! And remember that not everything that is good for us, is terribly exciting. Even if exercising may seem boring, your body is grateful for it.

Josie045 replied to Tomato05's response:
I definitely need a new lifestyle and some inspiration would really help.

beckikay replied to Tomato05's response:
Thank you for the response. I am trying to increase my exercise time. Weekends are not as structured as weekdays, so the meal schedule gets changed from time to time.

You're right about feeling great after exercise. I go for my 20 minute elliptical which I enjoy and hope to lengthen my minutes soon. I occasionally do arm and leg strengthing afterwards, but could still increase my exercise time. I just have to reduce my middle!! I hate it.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 68 yr. old woman who has gained 40lbs in the last few years. I would like a weight loss buddy, close to my age who knows how hard it is to l...More

Helpful Tips

Biggest Loser Wanna Be
Just came back from a conference and heard Dr. Dansinger from the Biggest Loser speak. He was very inspirational to me as a 'loser wannabe' ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.