Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
I am pleased to announce...
BelaFaccia posted:
That I went to the gym Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and today!!! Each day consisted of 1 hour of cardio and weight training. Trying very hard to wait until Wednesday to weight myself and see where I'm at. I will get this weight off...one pound at a time!

Tomato05 responded:
That's excellent about the exercise - keep it up and it will soon become part of your schedule most weeks.

I went to the gym fewer times than usual last week, because I had 3 teeth extracted (getting implants in July), so I did not want to overdo it with the exercise. Back from today though.

Let us know what the scale says on Wednesday!

BelaFaccia replied to Tomato05's response:
Absolutely. I did cheat a little today though. I ate a cheesesteak. But, I only ate half, and then I went for a brisk walk. I walked about about 50 minutes...I think it was about 2.5 miles. I need to drive my car down there to find out what the distance is, lol.

I'm sorry about your mouth tomato! Ouch! But I'm sure it will be worth it once your healed up after you have the implants done!

BelaFaccia replied to BelaFaccia's response:
Weighed myself today. 155.2 Haven't seen that number in a loooooong time. That is almost a 5 pound loss. Been going to the gym about 3 times a week doing 1 hour of cardio and then weight training.

Tomato05 replied to BelaFaccia's response:
Congratulations, how motivating for you!

All that exercise is paying dividends. Keep it up.

I've had a few bad eating days - not unhealthy eating, just too much, so working on a new plan. Need more routine in my eating habits (e.g. set times). Hoping to get back onto track as soon as possible.

totallywiggedout replied to Tomato05's response:
I did that today tomato and I'm paying stiffly for it, lol. Indigestion really bad tonight. I got into a new recipe for Bruschetta, the tomatoes aren't a bad thing, its all that BREAD. OMG tooo full! Can't BREATHE!

Tomato05 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Oh well, at least you got a lot of vitamins and antioxidants through the tomatoes (and basil and garlic, if you used that)!

I know the feeling - I felt like that the other day after eating far too much yogurt. I don't even know exactly how much it was - it was a huge bowl full!

BelaFaccia responded:
I'm still here and sticking with things! Been going to the gym 3-4 days a week since I started. I have lost a total of 5.5 pounds so far. I may have lost more, but I know I am starting to build more muscle, which adds to overall weight.

Tomato05 replied to BelaFaccia's response:
You're doing great; keep it up and you will reap the rewards!

BelaFaccia replied to Tomato05's response:
Having quite the difficult time this week. Been stuck at work late, and haven't been to the gym since Saturday!! My diet hasn't been great this either. I was doing really well. I can't let this little slump become permanent. I've worked too hard!

Sumbuny responded:
Awesome!

One day at a time, one week at a time, one month at a time...

That is how it got there, that is how it will leave...

Buny

Sumbuny replied to BelaFaccia's response:
I have been doing weight training, too. The hard part for me is to remember to do the cardio...I find it "boring" at times. Hubby is trying to get me started running, so now I am walking .3 mile and running.1 mile, alternating. It is not easy, but I think it is getting me over a plateau...

Congrats on the weight!!!!

Buny

Sumbuny replied to BelaFaccia's response:
Check the tools (food and fitness planner) and see if there are other ways to "sneak in" activities. You might be surprised at how many calories you can burn in "everyday" activities....

Buny

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Brittany and at my weight peak, I was approximatley 390lbs, over the course of a few years and a more regular diet I had gotten to 260 and ...More

Helpful Tips

DFJ
DFJ stands for Daily Food Journal. Our diet club members like to share their daily food journal to stay accountable to themselves and ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 42 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.