Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
I'm back and hopefully to stay!!!!
mamasita58 posted:
Well here I am again... I've been away for quite some time.. but here we go again. I'm 5' 4" and 185 lbs now and decided to try to lose this weight once and for all because on the fitness charts I'm obese...... In my entire life I would have never thought that this could happen to me and it has, I know it's my eating habits that are sabotaging my weight lose success. and I know it's a it's a life time commitment and healthy eating habits that I have to follow for the rest of my life if I want to stay healthy and fit... I have no problem with exercising.. I exercise one or two times a day, 5 days a week... so that's not the problem... It's my food intake and trying to be able to eat the required amount of calories each day.. Already started this week and have gone over my calorie intake the first 3 days.
I'm not going to let this get me down. I'm going to start nice and fresh on Monday morning and keep and eye on my food intake. I need to lose at least 45 lbs to reach my goal, but like they say "slow and steady wins the race". Wish me luck once again, and I hope that I can count on you as I go through my weight lose journey and achieve it with the help of my Community buddies on Web MD....

Mamasita58
Mamasita58

RetiredHuck65 responded:
Good luck, Mamasita58. I posted my first post two days ago (and did NOT count calories yesteerday.....I called that my "free day" because I know this is not going to be easy.

Today, I'm tracking everything. I have a REALLY hard time losing anything. I know it's age and a few meds, and a lifestyle that is sooooooooo much slower than it used to be when I was working.

mamasita58 replied to RetiredHuck65's response:
Thanks RetiredHuck65, I too am retired and love it.. I work out every day and take Sat and Sun off.. I try to work out at least twice a day.. I think I was working out to much, because one week ago I was doing a boot camp at my Y and injured my calf, heard it pop when I was above to do a knee high lifts.. Well their went my work outs. I tore my ligaments and tendons and now have to take it easy for 3 weeks. But I needed to do something again, and asked the doctor if it was alright that I work out the upper portion of my body and he said Yes as long as I don't do anything with my legs.
I was so excited I went back today and it felt great.. but still have to take it easy.. Just staying home this first week alone I gained 5 lbs. so I needed to get back. Oh and I had my thyroids checked and all is well with them, thank goodness. But now I'm trying to eat more protein, less carbs, more veggies, and watch my fats.. It's only my first day doing this, but they say it takes little changes and it will work instead of over doing it all at once, which causes you to fail.. Believe me I've been on every diet that is out there, so my mind is set on trying to eat right and keep on exercising and I hope it all clicks and starts to work for me.. Wish me luck and I wish you the same with your weight loss adventures!! Oh and I'm trying desperately to write down in my Web journal all that I've eating every day.. which they also say it's good so you can keep a track of it..
Mamasita58
Mamasita58

Tomato05 replied to mamasita58's response:
I don't write down my food intake, but I am very much aware of it.

I am also not a youngster (48 years) and also struggling to lose weight, but in my case, it is not so much the age that is the stumbling block, as just eating too much.

Mamasita, I also exercise most days, and 3 times a week I run quite a long run. It is hard to cut calories on those days, as exercise really increases my appetite. Not that I would want to exercise less. I just need to find a balance somewhere between the food intake and exercise that will allow me to lose weight while still have enough energy for exercising.

Good luck, and I hope your new regime will become easier as you go along.

mamasita58 replied to Tomato05's response:
Thanks Tomato05!!

I started writing down my food intake and my activity for each day, and it seems to give me and idea on what I'm doing. It seems to be going quite well..

It seems I've been going in the right direction and next week when I go back and see my doctor I will see how if it's good or bad news... wish me luck with that.. but I really don't have much faith with the scale thing. I go by the way my clothes fit me now..

I've been trying to keep a positive attitude with this weight thing and that's all I can do... Also I"m going to cut down on my exercise regime because I can feel it now on my legs.. and that's the reason I have to see the doctor next week.
I'm trying to focus on my foods that I eat now and watch my portions that I eat, and try to eat smaller meals each day...

Just going to keep positive and pray for the best.. Aha sweetie your a youngin compared to me my birthday is this month and it will be the Big One for me!! "60"..

Will keep you posted on how I did after my doctor's visit..

Thanks,
Mamasita58

Tomato05 replied to mamasita58's response:
Good luck with the doctor's visit - yes, please let us know. I hope you will soon have recovered completely from your injuries. Just take it easy and slowly.

Yes, we have to listen to our bodies. I hurt my back last week while moving, and this week I am doing just very light weight, and I've cut 2 of my usual sessions as well.

Happy 60th when that comes along! I hope it will be a wonderful decade.

PS In my case, the scale doesn't lie - it is usually a very good reflection of how much weight I've put on...

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi I am 50 years old and heavier then I have ever been. I am 5'3" and weight 180 lbs. I need to lose 45 pounds but cannot seem tyo stay on tr...More

Helpful Tips

Biggest Loser Wanna Be
Just came back from a conference and heard Dr. Dansinger from the Biggest Loser speak. He was very inspirational to me as a 'loser wannabe' ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.