Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Today it Begins.........
KenziesMom12 posted:
Ok So I am new to this community. Hopefully this will be an experience that I will not regret. I am 25 years old and I just had a beautiful little girl in december. I am so desperate to lose 40lbs and get my stomach better. Im really just venting today because I really really really really really really really want to lose this weight. I have always been " Chunky" but I just want to feel good in my skin for the first time. If anybody has any tips, suggestions, advice..........I am totally for it. I really want to be able to stick to it this time. My goal is by my daughters 1st birthday, to be at my ideal weight. So I have 6 months.

abnersmom responded:
Hi, Congratulations on your baby girl. My advice would be to use an online food tracker, e.g., the one on WebMD or fitday.com to help you keep track of your consumption and nutrition. I use fitday to log my food and be sure that I am doing a good job getting the proper nutrition daily, but use the food and fitness planner here to track my weight loss and calories needs to continue this healthy journey. I don't track my exercise, which I probably need to because it's the hardest part of this journey for me.

One of the most helpful pieces of advice I've received on these boards is that it's okay to slip, just get right back on plan ASAP. Striving for perfection may be admirable, but not realistic on my "forever" healthy journey.
Debbie -SW 265 -CW 168- GW 150

KenziesMom12 replied to abnersmom's response:
Thank you Abnersmom,

I really appreciate that advice. If you dont mind I see your starting weight, I was just wondering how long did it take you to get to your current weight. I have beend using the fitness planner on the website and it is actually convenient. I really like it. But its only been a week so we will see!!

abnersmom replied to KenziesMom12's response:
Good to hear that you are already using the planner. I started another "diet" last June actually. I joined the 50 - 100 lb. board last Sept. and it changed my thinking and my life. If not for the tips and support that I have gotten there, I would still be "dieting" and then thinking I could go back to eating my usual stuff like I have countless times before. So, to make a long story short, I started a year ago and have almost lost 100 lbs. - so give or take 2 lbs. a week on average. Since this a journey I'm on for the rest of my life, the amount of time it takes me to get to my goal is immaterial. I just keep plugging away. These last pounds are going to be the toughest, but I'm in this for the long haul....

Keep me posted on how you are doing! Have a great weekend!
Debbie -SW 265 -CW 166- GW 150

Spotlight: Member Stories

i'm 19 and had my son 8 months ago now. ummm...never actually been overweight before. i've always had the perfect shape, perfect weight, perfe...More

Helpful Tips

Biggest Loser Wanna Be
Just came back from a conference and heard Dr. Dansinger from the Biggest Loser speak. He was very inspirational to me as a 'loser wannabe' ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.