Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
New to the Community
scooby4499 posted:
Hi all! My name is Derek and I am 28 and recently gave up alcohol and wanted to make some changes in my life. I currently am 6'2" 210 but chubby so my goal is to lose 30lbs and try to regain muscle that I have loss from parting over the past 5 years. I have been eating toast, yogurt, tuna, nuts, veggies, and fruit and have been staying away from red meat, soda, and processed foods and drinking lots of water and Gatorade as well as taking a Centrum every morning. I tried jogging 2 miles today and that didn't happen lol but I did jog( with some breaks of walking) 1.75 miles in 25 minutes so I feel I did not do to bad considering the last time I attempted to jog was a couple years ago. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated as far as exercise, eating, staying motivated as I am new to losing and getting in shape and being healthy.

Glad that I found this community

jis4judy responded:
Hi Derek
good job on your efforts so far you might try the program called couch to 5k to get that jogging started seems that walking for exercise is the way to start,,,
remember make changes you can live with for life because diets work while you are on them but when you reach goal weight most go back to old eatng habits and regain it is a vicious circle ..
welcome on behalf of the resident boardies '
I am just lurking from the 50 -100 pounds board it is a little more active than this one .
Hugs Judy:)
remember the gold isn't in the prize it is in the journey

sw247 crrent weight maintaining 149ish

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey all! I'm Mallory (Mal), and I'm 19. I'm a sophomore in college. I joined this community originally to get back on track with healthy w...More

Helpful Tips

Biggest Loser Wanna Be
Just came back from a conference and heard Dr. Dansinger from the Biggest Loser speak. He was very inspirational to me as a 'loser wannabe' ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.