Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Need more energy
Diana968 posted:
It Is very hard to lose weight, when I never have any energy. Any tips on what I can try?

totallywiggedout responded:
Diana, when's the last time you had checkup? or a bloodtest. There may be an actual physical reason for your lack of energy, like iron deficiency or even a blood pressure problem. It's always best to start out knowing what your medical situation is before trying to start on a diet. Because in dieting , the focus is to lose weight healthfully, and slowly (2 lbs a week is recommended max loss) so that it stay off for good.
That said , start off very slowly. As it sounds like you aren't doing a lot of physical exertion right now, you should just start off with short walks of a few blocks up and then back. Every day. Then a week later, start timing your walk. After the a week of timing it, walk the same amount, FASTER . Try to shave off 1-2 min a week for two weeks. Then double your distance, doing the same thing and later, faster.
I'm not saying jog it or run it as that may stress your joints, a fast paced walk will do the trick.
As you begin to exert some energy with exercise, you will start to notice that your energy will increase and your metabolism will change to burn more calories. Remember, any exercise is good exercise.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a working mother of three children. I gained over 50lbs having my children in the last 10-15 years. I have tried everything under the sun to lose...More

Helpful Tips

Biggest Loser Wanna Be
Just came back from a conference and heard Dr. Dansinger from the Biggest Loser speak. He was very inspirational to me as a 'loser wannabe' ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.