Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Any help?
BlueTerry posted:
About a year ago, I lost my gall bladder and, in the process, the doctors found that my thyroid was underactive. In a matter of 4 months, I went from 110 lbs to 145 lbs. I have since felt absolutely horrible. I don't digest food the same anymore. I have almost constant bloating. I exercise to try and lose the fat that I gained while they regulated my thyroid but it's not working.

I'm in a severe state of depression and am absolutely disgusted with my body. Does anyone know of anything that I can take to help me burn the fat while I exercise?

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

When I asked my doctor what changes I could expect post-surgery and with the thyroid condition...her response was "Nothing. You just go back to your normal routine." Well, I haven't felt "normal" since all this started and I just can't stand to even look in the mirror anymore.

I need help.

lilybean12345 responded:
I had almost the same thing. But had the Gallbladder removal first. Then I discovered my hair was falling out, so the doctor did a Thyroid test and put me on medication. 3 months later, it was no better and he tested again and had to increase the dosage. I had gained a lot of weight as well. Diets were difficult and did not seem to do anything. I joined the YMCA and started working out 5 days a week and that is working. I am down 25 lbs with another 25 to go. Hang in there, find what works for you and stick with it. One thing, I didn't find that the Gallbladder removal had anything to do with the Thyroid. Good luck to you. I hope you reach your goals soon.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 41 year old I weigh 177lbs I want to get into a size 28 or 29 pants I am also wanting to get into a small shirt I am into a medium shirt and I ...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
126 of 136 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.