Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Working out, Havent lose a pound!!!
KenziesMom12 posted:
I have been working out every day for the past three weeks. Every other day i will work out twice a day. I have lowered my daily calorie intake under 2000, and have not lost a pound!! Actually I have gained 2 lbs. I am trying not to get discouraged but I just dont understand!!!!

mamasita58 responded:
There could be several reasons why you might think that your not losing weight.. Are you weighing yourself the same time of day? Are you weighing yourself to soon? meaning just once a week not everyday like some of us do.. Muscle weighs more than fat.. you might be gaining muscle and losing fat.... Are you keeping a journal of your food intake.. you might be around that time of the month... Are you drinking enough water during your work outs... Are you doing the same routine each day, mix it up so your body doesn't get use to the same thing, the same goes with the food you eat... I could go on but the one thing that I have stopped doing was being obsessed with that dam scale... it's your worst enemy.. Just go by the way your clothes are fitting you.. because some people lose weight with inches and not by the weight of the scale.. Don't get frustrated and take it day by day.. Your mind has to digest in what your body is trying to accomplish.... That's why the say some people will not take notice right away and to give it 2-3 months until it all clicks together... I look at this way.. How long did it take us to gain the weight that we're trying to take off now??? Besides the best way the say to lose it is SLOW because that way it doesn't come back.. So don't be discouraged and keep going it will happen... Believe me we've all been through it, but we just keep trying and it will happen, not as fast as we want back it does.. Also we all have different body types and our metabolism are different.. Good luck I hope this helped a little.. I know because I've been there and back, tried every dam diet there was alone with those dam pills, machines and etc.. Just reevaluated it all and I stopped obsessing about it and just let nature take it's course.
Mamasita58

KenziesMom12 replied to mamasita58's response:
Thank you so much mamacita!! I really needed that. Because last night I didnt event want to work out!!! I didnt either. Then I decided to wake up this morning and work out. And now I feel great!!! I know that it is important to not focus on the scale. I am so determined to lose weight. For so many reasons, to be healthy for my baby girl, for myself, for my happiness!!! Im not getting on the scale for a month from today. I vow not to!! So August 6th will be the next time I see a scale.

mamasita58 replied to KenziesMom12's response:
Thanks!!! and that's the spirit!!! just take it day by day and it will happen.. Just enjoy the journey, and just take baby steps and you'll be so surprised when it all comes together without you even realizing it... Also remember losing in small increments is just as huge as if losing 10 lbs at once. it's just great that your losing instead of gaining... I lost 3 pounds this week and taking it also day by day and not making myself crazy or sick about this obsessing weight crap.. Like I said it shows that I lost 3 pounds at the gym, can't wait to see if this is true when I go back to the doctor next week and weigh myself on he's scale.. but what ever is shows I know deep down I have to keep going and not give up, because I know it's a slow and steady pace and change takes time.... Good for you and keep up that great attitude and positive feeling..I also realized that I don't need to exercise like a nut to lose the weight, and it's true because I haven't worked out this past week as much as I've done in the past and still lost 3 pounds... Have a great weekend and keep up the good job...
Mamasita58
Mamasita58

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi, have you started the webmd food and fitness planner for you journey, or the one on Fitday.com? I'm wondering this because 2k calories sounds like a lot for trying to lose weight. That's more of a maintenance caloric intake. If you start the charting systems and add in that you are low acive or not active, they will start you out on a good program. then you will also see exactly how many calories to aim for intake and for how many you need to "burn" on a daily basis.
Also, I want to remind you, that if you are doing all of this activity, and it's NEW to you and you were pretty sedantary up until about 3 weeks ago, you have to take into consideration that muscle weighs more than fat. You may be gaining muscle. OR retaining water. You have to drink at least the recommended 64 oz (half gallon) of water every day in order to flush out your system and to hydrate your body properly.
Of course, the more active you become, the more you'll sweat, the more water you have to drink.
If you are now off the daily weigh ins, you might want to do a body measurement. Write everything down seperately, for both right and left side measurements.... wrists, upper arms, bust across nipples with breath held, waist , hips, each thigh, each calf, each ankle.. Remeasure every two weeks. You'll be seeing a difference there even if not on the scales all the time.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27...6'1 260 pounds...diabetic and I have high blood pressure. I NEED TO LOOSE THIS WEIGHT!

Helpful Tips

Check your medical insurance website - you may find gym discounts, story
Hi folks, I see a lot of stories out there, same as mine. I'm over 55 (just) and added about 40 pounds overall to my high school weight. ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.