Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Craving Fast food...........
KenziesMom12 posted:
OMG!!! I have been dieting for six weeks. I am craving everything fattening. I have been craving a cheeseburger. I am trying to stay strong. Lol. I have been taking my lunch to work and eating at home. I never eat out. I did one time and it was a SALAD from texas road house but I did have a margarita. But I am craving fast food. I told myself that once I have lost ten pounds I was going to reward myself with a meal from my favorite place CHICK FIL A!!! Thats terrible right??

totallywiggedout responded:
Ok, I'll prolly catch some flack about this, lol, but here goes. If you are craving something as badly as it sounds like you are, give in, but go light.
Order a childs happy meal or whatever, and only eat either the top or bottom half of the bun with your burger "openfaced". A whole lot of the calories in fast food hamburgers is in the bun itself. OR you can do like I do,when I can't stand it anymore, and take 1/2 of a heart healthy flax pita pocket with you when you go. They are only 60 cal for a whole one so 1/2 is only 30 which is like 100 calories less than 1/2 a small hamburger bun. Just pick the stuff off the burger and put it in your pita pocket.
With the fries, make sure you roll them over several napkins first. to get some of the oils and salt off. Then order either water or sugar free soda to go with your meal. But that's it. NO sunday, or shake or apple pie, just the kids meal. K?
It really is better not to deprive yourself for too long because you will cave and really overdo it to make up for it, then, you'll get depressed that you fell off the wagon and quit altogether. It's not worth fighting yourself over. Do the fast food, then forget about it.

totallywiggedout responded:
Oh and before you go anywhere out to eat, look up their nutrition values for their items online. Most places post every menu item they serve and it's values. That way you may be able to better determine exactly what you will be willing to make allowances for in your daily caloric intake.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a full time working mom with 2 children. One is 6 and the other 2. I only started having weight issue when I was in my 20's. I was always the...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
131 of 141 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.