Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
New here and needsw some help
hopefullythiswillwork posted:
Hi I am new to here but, not to the struggle. I was wondering if anyone had any good tips or plans they would like to share. I am a 911 dispatcher and need to loose anout 100lbs but have set my first goal to 30. CAN ANYONE HELP???

3point14 responded:
Firstly, go check out the diet message board of the 50-100 lbs to lose. They're the most supportive people on the internet, seriously.

How did you gain the weight? What are your "bad" food indulgences? Do you get regular physical activity?

You CAN do this, even though it seems like a lot. You CAN!

hopefullythiswillwork replied to 3point14's response:
great i will check out the board. i have been a "healthy" person my whole life. alot of my family on my dad's side are "really healthly" people. my downfall food is pizza and soda (mt dew and coke). my physical activity is somewhat limited i work 12 hr shift one month days and one nights (6a-6p\6p-6a) Thanks so much for the encouragement. i need it.

3point14 replied to hopefullythiswillwork's response:
Trust me hun, we've ALL been there. And you CAN do it!

Maybe just little steps? Instead of eating a pizza, try a few servings of pizza rolls with a salad. Try some diet sodas, or cut the real stuff with seltzer?

hopefullythiswillwork replied to 3point14's response:
Thanks I will try it.

totallywiggedout replied to hopefullythiswillwork's response:
I also have a "thing" for pizza, and yes there are ways to have your pizza and EAT it too. I just made one of these a couple of days ago so I know it's a keeper...
get the lowest fat/calorie pitas you can find. I use ones bought in the WALMART deli, Heart Healthy FLAX and whole wheat pitas.... they are 60 calories for a whole one.
Leave it whole and uncut, spread a thin layer of sauce on it, top with Turkey pepperoni, turkey sausage or a very low cal slivered ham slice cut up, then some veggies , I used gr pepper some onion and some pineapple for Hawaiian. Top with a little shredded Ital cheese and bake at 425 deg for about 7 min. This whole pizza is all YOURS for about 160 calories. Less than a SINGLE slice at pizza hut.

RhondaGraymond responded:
I think you need a weight loss program that is low-fat, low-carb, low-sodium and high protein. It's important for your meals to be nutritious and so you should make it a point to eat as many proteins as you can to your meals. An hour of exercise (even a brisk walk would be great) is highly recommended to help you lose weight faster.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I use to weigh over 450 pounds. 25 years ago I had gastric surgery when my doctor told me I was literally going to "die trying" to lose ...More

Helpful Tips

Some motivation tips! Laugh it off!
I needed a little humor today and found some great funny sayings on the internet (Thanks Dan Worona ) to help motivate me. COMMIT TO BE ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.