Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
weight loss & ulcers
fiddlestix posted:
Just joined. Need to lose 25 lbs, suffer from esophageal problems and just learned I now have stomach ulcers -- small ones so far -- thought I'd give this group a shot. I know I cannot do this alone. My esophageal problems are a result of C.R.E.S.T., if anyone is familiar with this syndrome. Due to other health issues, I need to take Celebrex and an 81 mg asprin daily, so this complicates things -- as does my lactose intolerance.

totallywiggedout responded:
fiddlestix, I hope you are still out there. I am usually on the 50-100 commun and just lurk in here sometimes. Sorry for late response.
Does the Dr for your ulcers know about your daily dose of asprin? Check and see to make sure that it's not doing more harm than good.
That said...
is there a specific list of foods/spices that your dr says to avoid for your ulcers? or that causes flair ups for you?
For right now, I beg you to drink the recommended 64oz of water (1/2 gallon) per day. It not only hydrates your body but helps flush out toxins and helps your body digest foods easier.
In my quest to lose weight and get healthier, I have found that smoothies are some of the best , easiest to digest and healthies fare out there. Those , eggs and oatmeal, lol.
I am a self professed egg maniac. I truly think of them as the world's most perfect food. I never would ever think of not eating the protein rich yolk either. If you just eat the stupid white, you aren't getting the vitamins, minerals, protein and taste.... so why do it? the protein of the whole egg fills you up and keeps you full longer because protein breaks down slowly.
Oatmeal, well, what can I say?? you can make it sweet or savory. It can be a breakfast food, a side dish like potatoes, only better for you, and it can be used in making low fat granolas and fiber bars.
I also cook it up, keep it in the fridge and use it to add a punch of extra fiber and protein to my smoothies.
For low cal, 50-100 lb weightloss comm. used and approved recipes, try these on our site....

http://forums.webmd.com/3/dieting-club-50-100-lbs-exchange/forum/2523

hope this helps some
huggs
kim

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 30 year old woman living in Portland, Oregon. I became a big "foodie" and nutrition geek after losing about 50 pounds in 2005. Mai...More

Helpful Tips

Biggest Loser Wanna Be
Just came back from a conference and heard Dr. Dansinger from the Biggest Loser speak. He was very inspirational to me as a 'loser wannabe' ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.