Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Need help losing 40 lbs.
butterflygarden posted:
Hi everyone! I'm Butterfly.

I a 48-yr-old mom of grown kids, and somehow I managed to let 40 lbs. creep up on me. I tried Weight Watchers a year ago and lost 15 lbs. Then, I went through a bunch of stress and gained it all back.

I am joining this board so I can find some kindred spirits. I don't think I an do this alone. My willpower is just so shaky.

I'm going to give WW another try, beginning this weekend.

How have you all stayed motivated?

Butterfly

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi Butterfly, welcome!
Everyone goes through phases where willpower takes a vacation and sheer force has to be kicked in, lol.
I always recommend that people start with the food and fitness planner. You put in the lowest choice where it asks for your current daily exercise output. This helps to get the best idea when it calculates your daily caloric and exercise output needs to reach your goal in a healthy manner.
Also , get your measurements down on paper. I measure bust across nipples, waist, lower tummy at widest point, hips, rt and lft bicep, rt and lft wrist, rt and lft thigh, rt and flt calf , rt and lft ankle.
If you do the measurements monthly, then , when you hit a nasty plateau, you can whip out your measurement list and STILL see that although the numbers arent doing anything on the scale, your body is still getting smaller.
I even add up all the measurements for the month and take that month from the one before, and the beginning month.
So far, since Jan, I have lost 24 inches off the total and just over 70 lbs.
All you gotta do is WANT it for you. not for your hubby or your kids or your mom, YOU. Because you are worth the effort.
kim

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been physically active since childhood (40 years). Strength training, speed walking and tennis has caused my body to become muscular and Im h...More

Helpful Tips

Check your medical insurance website - you may find gym discounts, story
Hi folks, I see a lot of stories out there, same as mine. I'm over 55 (just) and added about 40 pounds overall to my high school weight. ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.